Proper way of saying....

just2manylures

Well after several hours of debate over the phone with my old pal spiltshot, we couldn't come up with an answer. I figured the best place to turn was to the might OFNCers. The question at hand is (insert drumroll) how do you pronouce RAPALA?

I say it is Rap-a-la. Splitshot thought it was Ra-pal-a. Then I mentioned that I had heard a fellow at the Sportsman's Show call it Ra-pel-a.

I need some help to settle this friendly bet, there is no money on the line of course.

Here's a Rapala TV commercial...the guys here say Ra-pa-las....take a look.....

<BR><BR>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Now I say Rap' a la, 'cause I find it gives me an air of insouciance and elan which has always eluded me.

I'm confused...indifference to enthusiastic vigor and liveliness...I say RA PALA just like RI COLA

I say Ra pa la, and have a Rapala shirt that I wear fishing, and people always mis-pronounce it (or pronounce it the way they think is right). Then the usual discussion ensues about how its supposed to be pronounced. Ahhhh, I miss Summer and those dang arguments about my shirt :rolleyes:B)

Joey

I've called them "Ra-PAL-as" for 40 years. A few people have corrected me lately. Ask me if I care. I still fish wit minnas n' woims.

It'll be spring tonight....that might help a little.

Only 40 Roy ?

Jeeze I was fish'n em back when Pickeral was the best eatin fish around and there was no such thing as a Walleye (least not in my Canada)

Yep they have always been ra - PAL - a to me and always will be ... at least until my arse-ol gets all hoity-toity an such .. at which point please just shoot me and tell me to take up lawnbowling

:)

Edited by camillj

Got to love it when the English language destroys a perfectly good name.

Rapala

Hyundai

Porsche

Loeb

Jesus

And even my own last name, Tyborski.

Or to some people around here, Whats his name.

These are not English names. So to pronounce them properly you have to

say them in there native tongue.

Ra pal a

Hy und ai

Por scha

Lobe

Hey sus

Thanks for all the help guys. Even though a few of you don't see a purpose to this thread you have settled a debate that has been going on between me and splitshot for a while now.

Hey...before the softwater hits, it's amazing at what threads get a huge amount of attention on here....LOL. If you had asked this question in May, you may not have got your answer....haha.