Muskoka Laker

iceguy

All i'm saying guys is that in "my" opinion that fish would be better off in the lake

then on the table.

I'm all for keeping some for the bbq but not this size (smaller ones taste better)

Anyways I guess i'm the minority on this one !

All i'm saying guys is that in "my" opinion that fish would be better off in the lake

then on the table.

I'm all for keeping some for the bbq but not this size (smaller ones taste better)

So I guess that the statement "I know where this is going" has now been changed to "I know where I am going to try to put it."

How about this? He kept a legal fish. Your not a minority on this one. I would rather keep a smaller fish as well. BUT. It is not like it is an enormous laker. What is it? maybe 7 pounds, maybe 9. A beauty, but not one of a kind. Cut the dude some slack, I beg you.

Especially after that fight with all the lines. Prolly a good idea to keep it.

Nice fish dude.

Edited by Grimace

then on the table.

Gotta agree with Grimace on this one. No need to give the guy flak over a fish of that size. I love it when people post pics and videos. Giving them a hard time gives them a reason not to post.

It's not a monster, no reason not to BBQ that one.

Now if it was like 30lbs, then I'd have a different opinion.

Exactly, it's only in the 6-8 pound range.

Far from big. I wouldn't keep any fish over 28" and this fish looks to be in that size range.

For instance this guy> Released

P7050027.jpg

These guys> BBQ'd :lol:

P7040016.jpg

P7040017.jpg

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

then on the table.

You're not in the minority necessarily because many of us would put it back for various reasons (like eating smaller fish, maintaining brood) inc

The difference is that "many" of us also know when something isn't really our business.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

I was the one that caught that laker. I have caught many bigger then that one. I do not usually keep them that big but the wife's parents wanted fish and fishing was tough that day so i decided to keep it. Sorry if some feel that it should be released. I like to eat the small ones also. There are lots of big lake trout in Lake Rosseau. Posts like this is why I do not post here.

That lake trout hit when I went into the hut, I left the drag really lose so if one hit it would not pull the rod down the hole. It has happened to me before. After being in the hut for 10 mins, Rob(iceguy) hooked into a fish so he thought. I thought I better check my line outside to make sure it was ok. The fish had taken all of the line out right to the knot on the reel. While taking all my line out it circled and caught 5 of the other lines. It was a disaster. I wish I could of set the hooks on it and fought it on the rod the hole time.

You're not in the minority necessarily because many of us would put it back for various reasons (like eating smaller fish, maintaining brood) inc

The difference is that "many" of us also know when something isn't really our business.

You are exactly right it is not my business and I was under the impression that this fish was

alot bigger than it was , Sorry guys !!!!

Fishabout/Iceguy , I really hope comments like mine do not stop you from posting other vids. because

I truly enjoy reports like yours , honestly , keep it up .

I couldn't believe you actually got that fish in with that mess , well done !

Edited by 4x4bassin

You are exactly right it is not my business and I was under the impression that this fish was

Fishabout/Iceguy , I really hope comments like mine do not stop you from posting other vids. because

Right on man. :good:

Anyone can make a mistake...it takes a big man to admit when he has made one.

Well played sir.