Deer Seperation...NF

Gerritt

Thats what I thought too.. Shooting off the Bucks antlers.. perhaps helped them now... but in the weeks to come as he battles other larger bucks?

Kudos to the hunters for doing what they thought needed to be done.. and we will never know the end outcome, except that the bucks were unstuck from each other... not sure I would have even ventured that close to two battling bucks!

G

Crazy video!! I agree the buck that was down looked hurt. The winner buck wasnt giving up even with hunters and dogs around. Based on the number of deer I saw last year in my hunt, if that was me, I would fill 2 tags, even if its not sporting. The hurt buck might not make it anyway in the long run, maybe by wolf or coyote if it couldnt get up.

I'm thinking both were injured...they hit the ice pretty hard and both probably died later....

While deer hunting I have seen deer get hit by high power rifles and slugs and get back up and RUN....I doubt they died from any of those falls...they are STRONG animals and can jump 6 foot fences in a single bound or crawl under them. I shot a buck last year that had a broken front leg and he was getting along pretty well until I punch a 130 grain soft point through the heart....still feed off that one... :)

If nature had it's way.... neither bucks would of made it.... they'd starve to death.... cudos to the hunters for shooting one of the bucks antlers :clapping:

I for sure would not of ventured so close to them like that :w00t:

Thanks for sharing Gerritt B)

Leechman