Simcoe Report *PICS and VIDEO*

steverowbotham

I got a call yesterday from a good friend and tournament partner asking if I wanted to go out to do some perch fishing. My freezer's empty and I could use the feed. We met up and headed out to one of my favourite spots on the Innisfil shore. After a chilly walk out, the GPS had us on point and we set up. Within 5 seconds of hitting the bottom with a small spoon I hit a 12 incher. Nice start! For the next couple hours we laid a beating on the perch and good size ones too! Ended up keeping my 50 so I can focus on lakers and whities for a while, we got some real good ones, one close to 15 inches even. At around 10am, Mike hooked up with what was clearly not a perch. We figured initially it was a whitie based on the location, but after 10 minutes we brought a nice THICK 27 inch laker through a 6 inch hole! What a blast, got a bunch on video even.

Thanks for reading/watching!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJcXlQUOnkc

165341_10150129932893092_502843091_7870690_7703761_n.jpg

Great fishing Mike and Steve! Really nice perch there but the laker is spectacular especially under those circumstances. Kudos to the dude who adjusted the drag on that reel as well. Thanks for posting...much appreciated by all I'm sure.

Awesome fishing! Thanks for sharing that video of the nice Laker with us. Can you tell me what the recipe is for the batter you fried the fish in? It looks real good and puffs up nice and crispy.

Thanks

Just Fish Crisp Beer Batter. It really is awesome stuff. Ive used it many many times and I'd recommend using Coors Light, its always turned out the best, I dont know why. and make sure the beer is cold!