Can now exchange dollar for dollar for US $.

Harrison

Doesn't help that US bank account of mine much.. nor the piles of aircraft parts I have here bought at 1.38 to 1.48 on the dollar in years past. Guess I'll close the doors and go on vacation...'till armageddon hits.

Dollar at par won't help our Ontario Manufactures get contracts either..

We are probably going to see $1.05 Canadian over U.S. at some point this year, if not more. Wayne, get ready for more pain this year. Unfortunately, manufacturing in Ontario is continuing to be hollowed out. The US needs to have a cheap greenback to get their economy going again.

Wayne you may wanna talk to your accountant ... do the conversion to CDN and write off the loss (then buy back if you actually need it)... PM me and I'll tell you about how I do the conversion for less than quarter of a penny.

So did I! it actually freaked the hell out me.

*SMILES*

Last time I can recall this ever happenning was like: 1973- 1974?

Our family was taking a trip to New York City for the first time and my dad was explaining how out currency was worth $1.07.

Then of course, over the next 35+ years ... got used to the 50% senario.

I'm not an economist, but sure like the ability of making some purchases without grinding my teeth!

I remember it being either 1974 or 1975 and I believe it was 4 cents on a dollar...

This is looking to be year 2 that I don't head north for a fishing trip....unless I hit it BIG in VEGAS...the adult playground of the world.

Bob

Here ya go Phil http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/Ballplay-Rd-Madisonville-TN-37354/2132448270_zpid/

google the area and expand the map, there is some water in the area and it rarely ever freezes. Of course you might have to learn how to catch bass? The southern way. LOL

Ha! I'll have to get an orange hat with a T on it and some balloon bobbers.

This is more what friends are investing in HERE

Edited by Harrison

.. I'd rather just go on Vacation Jon !! LOL

I'm already "creating income".. to get rid of losses available for future years that are going to be too old. Anyone that retires from aviation with a bit of money started with a LOT !!

I here ya Wayne ... was just browsing the homes in Surprise Arizona .. where the cost of homes is about$45/sq ft !!! Its crazy ...You can get a 3200 sq ft home for under $150,000 (and on a golf course) !

I here ya Wayne ... was just browsing the homes in Surprise Arizona .. where the cost of homes is about$45/sq ft !!! Its crazy ...You can get a 3200 sq ft home for under $150,000 (and on a golf course) !

..and on an airstrip as well Jon.. Park the truck.. walk thru the house, out to the hangar.. taxi out and go play. Like I said.. I'm lookin....

Hey moemoe... I got my "help" check for $300 to help with the change over to HST... for every Ontario # that I own. Of course I have to claim it as income on the 2010/2011 T2 return !!!

I am pretty sure I was looking at eligible taxes and your hst cheque is exempt, good ole daulton!

this quote was taken from the revenue canada site

"21. Is the OSTTB a taxable benefit?

No. The OSTTB payments are non-taxable"

osttb=ontario sales tax transition benefit

Edited by moemoe

The hst cheque is written to individuals not businesses, so I guess this is for your personal income and wouldn't be sent to business ie Irishfield Aviation, Therefore it would not be a claimed expense. I am not a business owner but wouldn't your business claim be separate from your personal or family income tax?

Edited by moemoe