2 hour trout session.

limeyangler

Hi All.

Got out for 2 hours today, same lake as my other trout reports, but its a nice ride door to door across the lake right from the house, no loading/unloading trailers etc, which given my windows of opportunity these days is perfect.

The ice formed late this year on this lake, and happened during a real cold snap of about a week when we actually had no snow either...result, thick clear ice. This is really cool cuz when you shovel the spot for the shelter its window clear beneath your feet, watching the fish come up when they get to 20' below the ice is awesome!

Fished in 57' FOW. Nothing really even on the graph for the first hour, tried a rattle trap lipless crank...got my first trout on it...the shine and rattle i think rang the dinner bell. Then the 'action' started...lots of bait on screen, lots of missed fish, got a couple of 25" and a ling too...then packed up and went home to sleep ready for night shift :(

Here's the vid from this morning.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4USeBnCjfTA?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4USeBnCjfTA?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4USeBnCjfTA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Good action for just a couple hours.

I noticed (correct me if I'm wrong) that you have your line directly tied to the split ring on the Rattle Trap...I've had cuts-offs due to the sharp edge on the split ring when I'm bringing in large fish, specifically a nice Rainbow this fall...I wasn't happy as you can imagine...figured I'd give you a little heads up about that potentially being a source of regret.

Thanks for vid once again... let me know if you are willing to air mail some tablefare ling my way.

Nice video Simon! I like your closeups of the fishfinder :)

I use the lipless rattle baits a lot and they have become one of my favourites. I catch lots of Walleye with it when they are shallow in spring and fall - pike and bass too. It is nicely balanced for ice fishing but unfortunately time doesn't permit me to use it often enough in winter...

Not bad at all for an hours work on the see through ice B)

Great job Simon :thumbsup_anim: I truly enjoyed the video :clapping:

I noticed you put the ling aside and concentrated your efforts on the other line.... did you keep the ling for the pan??

Got to love the sudden action when it happens B)

Thanks for sharing

Jacques