Ice Fishing Time Lapse

brandon

Hey everyone! I headed up to the Kirkland Lake area with my stepdad and two stepbrothers on boxing day for a few days of Ice fishing and other winter fun. Fishing was pretty slow... 5 pike between the 4 of us, the biggest at about 16"...thus the reason for 0 photos...well of fish anyways. I did shoot about 3000 photos to create this time lapse to show how we spent a day at the lake...enjoy and WATCH IN HD!

weird...all that time spent shooting and editing the video and I had no idea those lines were unattended...maybe it's just me though. I mean staring at the computer for so long can make people (including myself) appear in videos i guess...who knew? Great to start off 2011 learning something new...

"Two lines may be used for ice fishing except in a limited number of waters (see the exceptions for the Zone in which you are fishing). You must be within 60 m (197 ft.) at all times of any line or tip-up you are using when ice fishing and you must have a clear and unobstructed view of the lines being used at all times."

Glad everyone is enjoying the video!

jds63 - That was all shot with a Canon 5D mk II Camera and Canon 16-35mm lens. It wasn't shot as video but as still images. An intervalometer was used so I could just have the camera shoot continuously without me being behind it. It was also all shot in full manual including focus, ISO, and White Balance. The footage playing during the intro was shot at one frame every 5 seconds and the rest of the video is one frame every 1 or 2 seconds. I then created an image sequence with the 3000+ still images in Quicktime Pro. Once that was done I opened the video up in Final Cut Express, added titles, transitions, and music and that's about it. Hope this helps!

Thanks Brandon, i am using a Canon T1i and just starting to learn the video side , not at all in your league but hoping to have some fun with it anyway

I have a couple of friends that make a living in photography (tough business) , and looks like you are well on your way

cheers

thanks again guys!

jds - this is a video, however it was shot using only still images so it may be something else you want to try while dabbling with video. Just pick up an intervalometer off ebay and you'll be all set to make videos in a different way!

limeyangler - I'm not 100% sure but I think you can use quicktime pro with pc. if you're still having troubles, check out youtube for some tutorials...there seems to be an answer to every question i've ever had on there!

I'mHooked - I actually got a fish on that line about 10 mins after packing up my camera....I was really hoping to get that on camera though...maybe next time