Favorite(favourite) hockey sweater number

Daplumma

#4----ORR, no-brainer...#27 Sittler, class act, still holds the most points in a game record, AND, still the greatest Leafs captain of all time. Also, no player has stood up to Leafs ownership/management they way he did when he tore the C off his jersey, and, did an interview for Hockey Night In Canada, when Lanny McDonald was traded.

I have got to give it up for the number 9.The Rocket,Gordie and Bobby Hull.Next favorite(favourite) the number 25.Franceschetti,and Chimera on the Caps.

Joe

#6 - our eldest son's. I had more fun watching him play than all the pro's I ever watched. He wore that number thru all the years and all the myriad sports he played save for baseball when for a reason I can't remember he was #15 so I guess that would be my second choice. If any of the great pro's happened to share his choices they were probably copying him. 8)

JF

I like 19 for a centre ice man. Sakic, Yzerman.

I like number 4 for a defenceman. Bobby Orr.

I like 29 for a goalie. Potvin was a tank in the early nineties, a great time to be a teenage hockey fan in Leaf land.

For a winger I like single digit "power forward" numbers. 9 Howe, 8 Neely, 7 Roberts (toronto). Nothing wrong with 10 (Roberts) and 17 either.

You got it Don. Davey Keon.

I remember when I was a litter gaffer. All I want for Xmas was a number 14 leaf jersey.

LOL - was never a leaf fan ( always a Habs fan) - but Keon was a very tallented hockey player that I feel never got the credit that he deserved.

Tracker (Don)