Pike, walleye and a bonus whitefish today.

limeyangler

Snuck back to the same spot of my last 2 previou reports...its relatively easy access to walk and we know the ice is good.

Same set up, jigs and minnows on the drop off at 20'-25' Fow.

No big girls showed today but i got supper . Mysteriously Carmon only got one hit, guess i had the honey holes today.

Here's the vid.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F0yET2L_II?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F0yET2L_II?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F0yET2L_II?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Edited by limeyangler

I must say......I sat here for 5 minutes or so, contemplating whether or not I wanted to watch your video..... :whistling:

But I did & I must say I'm very impressed as usual :thumbsup_anim: (and extremely jealous :wallbash: )

Planning on heading out in the morning to meet up with nipfisher, rodcaster & a few others?, I think :clapping:

Great vid, love watching them :clapping:

Lots of excitements from the sudden double header eh Simon :lol: Love it B)

Man I still can't believe you're not keeping them whities :blink: Looks like a decent size too :good:

Great job you two and thanks for sharing

Jacques

Yeah Jacques, we got out at arond 2:40pm, it was fish, fish, fish,fish on at 3pm for 15 minutes then i went and said "i need one more" and the switched was flicked...to OFF...apart from the whitie right at the end....neither of us even saw a fish (Carmon my buddy had his new X67c out for the first time).

I dont keep fish unless i know i will consume them within 48hrs....i never freeze fish...lol...no need to the amount i get out, the walleye were kept as a thank you gift to a work colleague, but yeah...it was a decent size one, especially for that lake.

I must say......I sat here for 5 minutes or so, contemplating whether or not I wanted to watch your video..... :whistling:

But I did & I must say I'm very impressed as usual :thumbsup_anim: (and extremely jealous :wallbash: )

Planning on heading out in the morning to meet up with nipfisher, rodcaster & a few others?, I think :clapping:

Great vid, love watching them :clapping:

Thanks SP, i'm a little envious of you folks down there in that you are close enough for G2Gs!

Post that report soon k?

I had lunch at the trans Canada in Dryden today Simon. One of these days we have to hook up for a coffee on my way through town.

Nice vid!!

If i had a nickel for every time that Danc guy said meet for coffee i'd be.........LOL....just kiddin' Danny boy, have a merry Xmas!

nice vid.!!! hard to unhook a fish with one hand eh...whistling.gif

Erm...yeah ...about the one hand unhooking teqnique...cough...cough... :whistling:

Glad to see you had a decent day.

Thanks Old Man, sent a PM to ya.

Are whitefish not out of season untill Jan. 1st. Just wondering.

Really?...just wondering? Or just stirring the pot....i'm sorry......but it seems some people hardly ever reply to a post unless its something negative.

I had this crap before, and those who know me, know i dont rant off at the mouth often...if at all....but it ticks me off when i feel thats whats happening.

For the record, Whitefish are in season all year round in Zone 5 (thats where i caught it), a sport license limit is 12, conservation limit is 6.

Modern man catching diner is a beautiful thing.

well done Limey

Did you eat ol' whittey there? They are very boney and sometimes taste like mud but when smoked they are wonderful!

Nope did not eat the whitefish. They dont taste like mud up here, well at least not the lakes i've caught them in. In fact they are awesome table fish, just i had enough walleye for a feed, i usually only keep what i'm gonna eat that evening, and for 2 of us...well 2 and a half, 3 walleye was enough.

Great day again Simon! That whitefish is awesome! Congrats on the catch. It's a fun day when the lines have you running. But then again, it's always fun regardless of the catch. The big'un will come. She's just gettin' in shape ready to meet you on the next visit. It's going to be a good bout.