walleye suppers again!

limeyangler

Hi all,

Snuck out to the spot we hit on Sunday. No whitefish today, i did see a couple on the x67, they chased but would not commit. However, where the whitefish were scarce the walleye took up the slack. I'm gonna promise myself to re-tie my fluro leaders with the correct knot in futeure...i lost 2 monster walleye right at the hole today, one was close to 30" for sure! bummer. Mind you i dont think i would have kept it, even though i needed just one for my limit, three keeper size is enough for the wife and me, i just would have liked the picture!

Here's the pics and vid.....i fished for exactly 2 hours, started slow but as the sun set, the fish turned on......was an awesome sunset on another chilly (-26) afternoon.

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY8UMSjLu4s?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY8UMSjLu4s?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY8UMSjLu4s?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

yes Simon ....nice eyes....shame about the boots,coats.gloves and all that white crap around you though ...

from my hot hands holding cold drinks...to your frozen hands yearning for warm drinks...

and vicariously through your lens...i applaud you :clapping:

Amazing take on your day Simon! You sure are dangling a lot of carrots these days! Were these fish shallow? You mentioned 6fow. I'm going to try again this year for the shallow whitefish. I didn't have any luck with it last year. Good luck on your next outing. 3rd time is a charm with your next big eye since you have already passed the 2nd!

Simon, did I say "I hate you" today? if not make a note... ;) Good job out there.

I'll make a mental note :mellow:

yes Simon ....nice eyes....shame about the boots,coats.gloves and all that white crap around you though ...

from my hot hands holding cold drinks...to your frozen hands yearning for warm drinks...

and vicariously through your lens...i applaud you :clapping:

Ahhh...i've seen these symptoms before, its the beginnings of a breakdown of denial, you'll be out there drilling holes soon .

Amazing take on your day Simon! You sure are dangling a lot of carrots these days! Were these fish shallow? You mentioned 6fow. I'm going to try again this year for the shallow whitefish. I didn't have any luck with it last year. Good luck on your next outing. 3rd time is a charm with your next big eye since you have already passed the 2nd!

Sorry Disco....i'm not in the swing of the icefishing reports just yet, your right...i'm being vague to say the least, the fish were at 20' to 25' FOW. Its a pretty much flat muddy bay....a nice drop off from the shore provides the only real 'structure', we just fished there because of being uncertain of ice thickness elsewhere on the lake, as the good spots are too far to walk out to. White jigs and tail hooked minnows were the ticket, although i did get a hit from a whitiefish on a Yum mini tube and hooked a pike on the same lure as seen in the picture.

Why Simon? Why? dunno.gifgood.gif

You sure are maximizing your ice fishing time! I like your drive.

I use a Trilene knot sometimes for fluorocarbon...seems to hold quite well.

thats the one i use too, will take the time to do it next time.

nice eyes simon congrats

Thanks Corvy

Great report, pics and video Simon :thumbsup_anim:

Got to love spending a couple of hours on the hard stuff and getting a limit of eyes :worthy: and that 24"er was a beaut B)

Too bad about losing the big ones at the hole :wallbash: would of been nice to see the pic of it *cough* uni knot *cough cough* ;):whistling:

p.s. do you always leave your pack of cigs on the ice near the hole while fishing :whistling:

Again great job and thanks for sharing

Jacques

This is getting excessive!! Bordering on cruel and unusual!!! The only thing keeping me sane while watching....is that I'm hitting the ice this weekend!!! I'm working on my Limey accent...figure I gotta put as many odds in my favour for the ice-eyes :D

Don't forget the measureoonie lol. Great report as usual.

LOL...yeah...i thought that was funny too when i was replaying the video, just the ramblings of a guy spending too much time alone.

Wow, very nice!!! Congratz!!!!

:thumbsup_anim:

I must say I'm jealous haha!

Not long for you guys now Smarty Pantz....looking forward to your ice reports, for someone as addicted to fishing as you(a very healthy addiction i might add) i imagine they are gonna be good.

Great report, pics and video Simon :thumbsup_anim:

Got to love spending a couple of hours on the hard stuff and getting a limit of eyes :worthy: and that 24"er was a beaut B)

Too bad about losing the big ones at the hole :wallbash: would of been nice to see the pic of it *cough* uni knot *cough cough* ;):whistling:

p.s. do you always leave your pack of cigs on the ice near the hole while fishing :whistling:

Again great job and thanks for sharing

Jacques

I didn't get my limit in the end Jacques,left with a 17" and two small ones...enuff for a feed. As for the ciggy pack, it wasn't there when i left...thats for sure!

This is getting excessive!! Bordering on cruel and unusual!!! The only thing keeping me sane while watching....is that I'm hitting the ice this weekend!!! I'm working on my Limey accent...figure I gotta put as many odds in my favour for the ice-eyes :D

Where ya goin JB? i think you already told us all but my brain has frost bite.

Going to Nosbonsing....got a room booked and bringing the wife and baby girl thumbsup_anim.gif I'll go out for the morning bite, come back for lunch, then we'll all head out and give it a go...going with a bunch of friends so there will be heated shelters, and plenty of helping hands. CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Going to Nosbonsing....got a room booked and bringing the wife and baby girl thumbsup_anim.gif I'll go out for the morning bite, come back for lunch, then we'll all head out and give it a go...going with a bunch of friends so there will be heated shelters, and plenty of helping hands. CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Awesome dawesome, sounds like a hoot!

taking the bubba huh? GOOD MAN!

Cant wait for the report...man i love icefishing!

Not long for you guys now Smarty Pantz....looking forward to your ice reports, for someone as addicted to fishing as you(a very healthy addiction i might add) i imagine they are gonna be good.

Oh man, talk about addictions haha. My bf gets so annoyed cuz my friend & I talk about fishing ALL the time, even talk about making our own lures & stuff while waiting for the ice to freeze LoL, dreaming about it, wishing we were fishing, you name it ;)

Hoppefully I can get out this wknd & post my real first official report :D Hope nosbonsing is good :unsure:

Oh man, talk about addictions haha. My bf gets so annoyed cuz my friend & I talk about fishing ALL the time, even talk about making our own lures & stuff while waiting for the ice to freeze LoL, dreaming about it, wishing we were fishing, you name it ;)

Hoppefully I can get out this wknd & post my real first official report :D Hope nosbonsing is good :unsure:

Ok..i have no idea what/where Nosbonsing is...i assume its a Lake...but JohnnyB is up there this weekend too i think....you cant miss him...he'll be the guy being outfished by the marvelous LakeJess who will also be in attendance.

Anyhoo...tight lines this weekend!

Simon, your'e killing me .... everyday at work thinking about getting out on the ice and I read your reports

but , keep em coming

JD.....its not intentional(well maybe i do get a little kick out of it...hehe) but i know how it is waiting for the ice as long as we did this year....soon friend...soon...hang in there buddy!