The River is my Church

MJL

...But OFC was the best medicine I could ask for :)

It’s been a month since my last fishing report. As many of you know, I’ve been dealing with some health issues and trucking through them the best I could - Obviously with the support of family, friends, OFC, CAG and the nurses that poked and prodded me at the hospital on a regular basis...It didn’t help that they pointed and giggled though :(.

I’m still going through various tests to see if the cancer spread to other areas (some of which sucked considering I hate needles). I nearly puked during my CT scan on Friday...I thought I was having hot-flashes when they injected the dye! :o

Over the last couple of weeks, you’ve wished me well, chatted with me to get my mind off things (mostly fishing related in Tuesday night chats) and kept my spirits up...Many of whom I have never met before, may never meet in person, or knew of prior, sent me PM’s of hope and support (a couple of whom dealt with TC) and for that I can’t thank you enough :worthy:

The day after my surgery, good friends Victor and Anthony (Frozen Fire) and his girlfriend, Christine brought over a couple books on ice fishing/photography to read and DVDs for me to watch while I was mostly immobilized. It’s hard to ask for better friends. My friend’s dad also sent me an old school steelheading book from his library :thumbsup_anim:

IMG_4716.jpg

Spiel also mailed me some amazing reading materials such as the ones below – some of which might be considered collectable dating back to 1978. I always was, and probably always will be a fishing nerd. For me I was blown away by Chris’ incredible generosity – It’s not the first time either :worthy:

IMG_4718.jpg

I’ve been healing up nicely since the surgery. 4.5 days after the surgery, I slowly limped into a job interview with my portfolio, a dry erase marker and a telescopic pointing stick. I managed to score a new job that should pay enough for a new spey rod and a steelhead trip to BC...Maybe only one way though :lol:. I gotta thank Hammercarp for his support with that :)

There’s not much I can say or do to fully thank OFC and its members for the help you’ve given me during this time. I’ll let you guys know how it goes and hopefully if I don’t need additional treatments/procedures, I can hook up with the members I promised I’d fish with before year end. OFC is simply an amazing community :worthy:

Mike

And Yes, my dad and I finally spoiled ourselves by ordering a couple new custom centrepins due to arrive in March. As always, I had to get mine in black :D

Fishing has the power to heal. It's the love and passion that we put into this sport which makes it therapeutic to all of us here. Fishing is a strong bond between staying positive, and the struggles we have in life. It's just that important, and very evident in this community, and in our own personal lives. I am happy to hear that you have it working well for you. Never let go of whats keeping you going Mike. Good for you.

Mike, I'm sure you know this already, but nothing is more therapteutic than a healthy dose of chrome. Anytime you are willing, I am ready to get schooled by you. When ice hits, it might be a different story. My girlfriend and I (who I routinely share my OFC life with) are extremely happy to hear your positive results. Maybe when the ice gets safer I can do some of the schooling :whistling: . Take care bud

You've got a fantastic attitude towards all this stuff Mike and you're positive thinking is gonna take you all the way thru it.

Your an inspiration to alot of folks !!

Edited by lew

I nearly puked during my CT scan on Friday...I thought I was having hot-flashes when they injected the dye! :o

I believe that's not unusual Mike, I had exactly the same sensation/reaction when done to me (twice), nasty!

You'll be fine, we've still have a yet undetermined date to get together and fish. thumbsup_anim.gif

In the mean time, chin up and happy reading. :)