The River is my Church

MJL

Cheers guys and thanks again for all of your help. It's hard not to have an upbeat and positive attitude when I'm surrounded by people who I'd consider as close to family as I can get :)

The reports the last few weeks here on OFC and the PM's kept my mind off things. I still have a full bottle of Tylenol 3's waiting to go to the highest bidder ;) (j/k)

On another note, thinking about it, I'd give my left nut to see the Leafs make the playoffs...Oh wait... :whistling:

Fantastic! Very glad to see you're rebounding. :thumbsup_anim:

So what reels did you end up ordering?

A pair of AngSpecs...1 in a bigger, more ported version of the one I already have, and my dad got an AR model to play around with. My dad bought me a baby 4" offset a few years ago as a graduation present...I've got to pay for my own one this time :(

On the bright side, his fishing toys are also mostly mine too :clapping:

Now I just need to build a new rod to match the reel... :whistling:

Mike

Edited by MJL

Cheers guys and thanks again for all of your help. It's hard not to have an upbeat and positive attitude when I'm surrounded by people who I'd consider as close to family as I can get :)

The reports the last few weeks here on OFC and the PM's kept my mind off things. I still have a full bottle of Tylenol 3's waiting to go to the highest bidder ;) (j/k)

On another note, thinking about it, I'd give my left nut to see the Leafs make the playoffs...Oh wait... :whistling:

A pair of AngSpecs...1 in a bigger, more ported version of the one I already have, and my dad got an AR model to play around with. My dad bought me a baby 4" offset a few years ago as a graduation present...I've got to pay for my own one this time :(

Mike

Can't go wrong with an Anspec. :)

I'm sure you and your dad will put 'em to good use.

Mike

good on you. what diameter are we talking abour here? well with your skills it'll see a lot of steelhead in no time.

Edited by spinnerdoc

good on you. what diameter are we talking abour here? well with your skills it'll see a lot of steelhead in no time.

4.5 inches...I was tempted to also get the 20th anniversary model (4.75") but maybe that might've been excessive :lol:

I had the same CT experience :lol: she said it's gonna feel hot and your gonna think you just went to the bathroom.

Glad to hear everything is good seems like just yesterday I was waiting for you to come weight in my last minute carp :D Hang in there time flies quick and before you know it a year will have gone by ;)

Glad to see you're back at it, Mike. Once things warm up a touch, we should sneak off to my secret, pristine steelhead spot so you can give that reel a proper workout.

NotPristine.jpg

(and before anyone complains about me giving away their secret spot, c'mon ..... everyone knows about Bronte)

Thanks again guys :)

Excessive! If i had your money i'd burn mine.... lol

Most guys have a little voice that tells them when they shouldn’t spend more money on new tackle...In my case, I don’t...It’s called being single :D

I was also given some great advice via PM about NEEDING to fish some of the rivers out on Vancouver Island before I get married...I’d NEED new tackle for that too! :thumbsup_anim:

Glad to hear everything is good seems like just yesterday I was waiting for you to come weight in my last minute carp :D Hang in there time flies quick and before you know it a year will have gone by ;)

Next year, we need marshmallows if you get that peg again...And shots for malaria :lol:

Glad to see you're back at it, Mike. Once things warm up a touch, we should sneak off to my secret, pristine steelhead spot so you can give that reel a proper workout.

NotPristine.jpg

(and before anyone complains about me giving away their secret spot, c'mon ..... everyone knows about Bronte)

That water looks insanely froggy. I’m not sure the start-up on any ‘pin would be good enough for that stretch. :lol:

I haven't fished Bronte in years...It's good to see the crowds have died down :w00t: