Eddie North's Brand New Camp On Virgin Waters

solopaddler

So I just got a call from Eddie, it appears as though he's aquired a new lease to open a new camp on a brand new body of water that's never been fished before.

It's on Richter lake which is directly west of his Beteau camp on the Attawapiskat and just south of Lansdowne House.

According to Frank Moonias the elder who's giving him the lease the lake has never been fished by natives as it's inaccessable and obviously there's never been a camp on it.

It's approximately 4km long and 2km wide and has a substantial river flowing through it which appears to give you access to several more lakes both upstream and downstream.

If anyone's curious here's the latitude and longitude:

Degrees, Minutes, Seconds: 52° 5' 57" N 87° 53' 0" W

Decimal Degrees: 52.099° N 87.884° W

UTM Coordinates: 16U 439475 5772451

Topographic Map Sheet Number: 043D04

To me it's a no brainer. :)

So anyway he's offered me Sept 3-10 to come in and check it out.

If anyone is interested in joining me on this adventure shoot me a pm.

I think we're looking at a minimum of four maximum of 6 people for this trip.

The price will be the same as the Beteau camp.

It goes without saying that if this piques your interest for a trip of your own give Eddie a ring.

He'll be flying in asap in May to construct the new camp and fly in boats, motors, gas and equipment. It may be a rough camp but it'll be up and running for the 2011 season.

Cheers

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

If you're still looking for people this winter i might be able to say yes. At this point it's more of a "I'd like to come" post... so, sort of pointless, but I felt the need to say something. Looks like a glorious opportunity!

If you're still looking for people this winter i might be able to say yes. At this point it's more of a "I'd like to come" post... so, sort of pointless, but I felt the need to say something. Looks like a glorious opportunity!

Just book it!! (it's easier to ask for forgiveness rather than permission. :) )

If I wasn't looking at a big repair bill for the motor I'd be all over this.:(

Meh, it's almost a year away, you can do it!

Well I have permission from she who must be obeyed... Now to count the pennies in the coffer....

Will let you know Mike...

When do you need a deposit by?

G.

Dude that's awesome! As far as deposits it's not a huge rush.

When the spots are all filled I'll contact Eddie and we'll likely send them in then.

Mike, what species of fish are in the lake??

Sorry I thought it was understood. It's walleye and pike same as the Beteau camp.

I'm curious on the same thing. Trophy pike? If so, I'm seriously considering jumping in on the trip!

Don't know if it's a trophy fishery or not. No one's fished it yet.

You will have to excuse me on this one question. Why is it we have ot wait till next sept to go? Is he booked up all next summer? Id like to go but there is no way could go in Sept. If he has other dates avaiable and a few other OFNERS want to go id be game...Just not in sept thats all. Sounds like the trip of a lifetime to me! 3 grand and the wife can come too..so is that $1500 all in? We sure would like some ore info. Does he have a web site..again sorry if these seem like dumb questions but this is the first im hearing of this chance!

You will have to excuse me on this one question. Why is it we have ot wait till next sept to go? Is he booked up all next summer? Id like to go but there is no way could go in Sept. If he has other dates avaiable and a few other OFNERS want to go id be game...Just not in sept thats all. Sounds like the trip of a lifetime to me! 3 grand and the wife can come too..so is that $1500 all in? We sure would like some ore info. Does he have a web site..again sorry if these seem like dumb questions but this is the first im hearing of this chance!

http://www.eddienorth.com/index.html