Big Jon Captains Pak

Spiel

....I've been in the market for some electric riggers for the new boat. I've been leaning towards the Big Jon Captains Pak (electric) and have been slow to purchase due to financial constraints. Well a long time friend of mine who happen to come across a pair of used ones (minimal use, one season) and has been sitting on them for some time finally relented and sold them to me. This gentleman has bought in the neighbourhood of some 50 custom rods off me over the last three decades, often at great bargain prices and agreed to let me have these riggers at cost to him. These two riggers are complete with dual rod holders, 4 foot booms, swivel bases, mounting plates and assorted stainless hardware. I think I got a deal at $600.00, what do you think?

med_gallery_9_87_23492.jpg

:thumbsup_anim:

Great stuff Bud! The only thing that always amazes me with Big Jon though is that darn 110Volt plug they use for their riggers. Surely by now some dumm.... has plugged them into the wall at home to see if they work! LOL

You gonna drill holes in your gunnels or pick up the Lund Rigger mounts that fit your Sport trac and outboard track for cover?

....A little bragging is okay for a fishless fisherman, isn't it Cisco? :)

Ah yes Joe, electric fishing rods?

I was thinking of using the sport trac rigger mounting brackets Wayne but I've heard pros and cons. Think I'll order a pair and decide on their worth. As for those plugs, yeah I've heard of guys trying them in a 110 circuit, Duh! I will be changing those plugs to a simple two pole connector.

Dan, Jef and I have already discussed that. :)

Great stuff Bud! The only thing that always amazes me with Big Jon though is that darn 110Volt plug they use for their riggers. Surely by now some dumm.... has plugged them into the wall at home to see if they work! LOL

You gonna drill holes in your gunnels or pick up the Lund Rigger mounts that fit your Sport trac and outboard track for cover?

I wonder the same thing when I looked at that. I was on a fishing boat in Florida once and they had electric reels on some of the rods with the same plugs and I wondered the same thing then,

Whopper

Edited by Whopper

I think the built-in circuit beaker button thingees are also there for when guys plug into wall sockets! LOL!!

That won't save them from 120v AC Chris! Just find it odd Big Jon stil uses the cheap lamp cord they started with back in the early days...like when these were made...

downriggers.jpg

That is a good deal there Chris

do I have feeling your gonna give the salmon a go next year?

....I used to do a whole lot of salmon/trout rigging on the big lake Mark and noiw that I have a worthy boat of my own I'd like to get back into it. Perhaps we can hook up in the spring and test out these new riggers. :)

FW sells them for $750 each. Plus the swivel bases, plus the mounting plates. Sweet deal Mr. Spiel.

We'll put 'em to use next season, but September can't get here fast enough! Ready to give it another go Dan?

I'm counting the days Jef...