Be careful out there guyz!

walleyemen

This happened on sunday, erie showed her fury around 12:30 and kicked up somw 6 to 10 foot waves catching lots of anglers off guard, these unfortunate guyz had very little boat experience and swamped their boat right at the launch in crystal beach ,and got her hung up on the shale rock shore line, they had to leave it there over nite and it was taking a beating all nite long, real shame for sure,

mmmeriewind1.jpg

mmmeriewind2.jpg

Would the Etech not start....

:devil:

Motor was fine, they in fact were trying to turn around and hit bottom with the motor, wrong move though i would have turned the bow into the wave, that shore line is pure shale no sand, 3 orintal guyz all whereing floater suits, just got caught not being carefull or aware, water was waste deep, im sure the skeg is toast, she was banging pretty good!The whole accident boiled down to inexperience, worse was the guy in the 12 foater with the soaking wet 5 year old, this wind picked up sunday in a matter of minutes, from calm water with no drift sock to all hells breaking loose, most guyz were fishing the american side of erie at myers reef, was a rough ride back for sure.

Isn't that an aluminum hull? It'll probably be severely scratched and dented up, should still be usable no?

Should have came in once the weather started to change, or had a weather radio!!!!

If you're going to fish big water, why not be prepared for it? A $100 radio may have saved this from happening.

Thhey had a radio! Guyz erie went from almost flat to 6-10 footers in matter of minutes, freak wind changed from a ne to sw

I launched out of Crystal Beach last week and thought to myself then this place would be a real nasty trying to load/unload a boat with the wrong wind. Low water in Erie doesn't help. It was calm when I was there and still there was less than 3ft of water off the ramp for a ways before it dropped off. They also pulled the docks last week so it's tricky getting in to drop off guys. Unfortunate and hope they were all right.

Motor was fine, they in fact were trying to turn around and hit bottom with the motor, wrong move though i would have turned the bow into the wave, that shore line is pure shale no sand, 3 orintal guyz all whereing floater suits, just got caught not being carefull or aware, water was waste deep, im sure the skeg is toast, she was banging pretty good!The whole accident boiled down to inexperience, worse was the guy in the 12 foater with the soaking wet 5 year old, this wind picked up sunday in a matter of minutes, from calm water with no drift sock to all hells breaking loose, most guyz were fishing the american side of erie at myers reef, was a rough ride back for sure.

I get it now, they bottomed out and got swamped... I see...

As for the 12fter with the youngster on Erie in the fall, when it can and will blow in a heart beat... is simply irresponsible.

I've been caught out there before, Mother Erie is just plain nasty and demands respect.

I guess now we really know what happened to your Cracker Wayne!

LOL Wayne buddy i wish she had in fact been the scenario!At least maybe the insurance would have covered it, insurance wrote it up as a manufacturing defect! I got screwed, but i did sell the boat for what i owed and to to guy i bought my bass boat from, he is going to fix it and use it up north!Wish we could have worked a deal when i bought his boat LOL!