Sat ski fishin with slowpoke and Frankie65

vinnimon

biggrin.gif First off a very special thanks to Slowpoke!thumbsup_anim.gifthumbsup_anim.gif

Thank you kindly Brian!thumbsup_anim.gif

I took slowpokes offer and after a few pms, it was on!I met up with Frank, then off to Brians place!After a little intro and chat we were off to LSC!

We arrived at LSC just after sun up!What a view!

We began trolling for about an hour or so, seen a few skis rise in the meantime!

Finally we had one on,then lost after a few seconds!We continued on and after a while finally another one on!thumbsup_anim.gif This one is going to be landed!

And she sure was landed! A 39 incher!biggrin.gif

The funniest moments of the day was the pontoon duderofl2.gifrofl2.gif and the wheel!tease.gif But thats for another day!

I sent the other pics to Vince via e-mail, but, he didn't include them, so....for your viewing pleasure

Brian AKA Slowpoke biting one of our lures of choice

BrianbitingMichaelJakeson.jpg

The battle begins

Vincesbattle.jpg

In the net!!

Inthenet.jpg

Vinnie's 39" early birthday present

Vinces39incher.jpg

Me, chilling...

MeatStClair.jpg

Vince biting "dog balls" the actual name of the colour pattern/lure, LOL!!

Vincebitingdogballs.jpg

Thanks, again, to Slowpoke for a great day out on the water!! Can't wait to do it again!

To elaborate on Vince's comment about pontoon dude---

He actually had the first fish landed for the day. Picture a guy, by himself, trolling in a pontoon boat for musky. He hooks one, and, proceeds to play it for at least ten (probably closer to fifteen) minutes...all the while, circling the river with his engine running!!! Finally, Slowpoke had to speak up and say, "why don't you turn your engine off?" Pontoon man's response..."I know what I am doing!" He then shot that statement right out of the water by saying "I use light line, that's why I catch them!" DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! First of all who uses light line for musky...second of all...HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THE COLOUR OF THE WATER...was my thought! We were using baits bigger than a small walleye, and, you could only see them for about a foot under the surface!!!

Hopefully his "fifty incher" survived to fight another day!

To elaborate on Vince's comment about pontoon dude---

He actually had the first fish landed for the day. Picture a guy, by himself, trolling in a pontoon boat for musky. He hooks one, and, proceeds to play it for at least ten (probably closer to fifteen) minutes...all the while, circling the river with his engine running!!! Finally, Slowpoke had to speak up and say, "why don't you turn your engine off?" Pontoon man's response..."I know what I am doing!" He then shot that statement right out of the water by saying "I use light line, that's why I catch them!" DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! First of all who uses light line for musky...second of all...HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THE COLOUR OF THE WATER...was my thought! We were using baits bigger than a small walleye, and, you could only see them for about a foot under the surface!!!

Hopefully his "fifty incher" survived to fight another day!

Pontoon guy brought help on Sunday

I was nice to meet you guys

Pontoon guy brought help on Sunday

Someone to direct traffic while he drags 'ole nessie around the river before netting it? LOL

I'll be sure to have my 8 lb main line and 4 lb fluoro leaders ready to go for next time. Those creatures are so fussy.

Good times, we'll do it again.

I was there - pontoon man is there often and he is quite the character. Often runs 2 lines per person in areas where only one is allowed.

I saw someone doing repeated circles around a fish too - it was hilarious. My buddy yelled "doesn't your boat have that optional 'neutral feature' on it??? He just looked at us. We howled!

Nice to see you out there as well Whopper!

That pontoon dude sure cracks me up alright.Doing figure 8s and all, fighting the ski at the same timerofl2.gif

As for him running 2 rodsmad.gif Maybe the warden will get him next time!dunno.gif

Frank, thanks for coming along!

Brian, thanks for inviting us!

It was an OFC day to a tee for me, with the gtg in the hammer afterwardsthumbsup_anim.gif I couldnt ask for anything more!thumbsup_anim.gif

Next time Im bringing my daughters Barbie Doll rod, I'll show off that pontoon boat dude!rofl2.gif

Great post Vinny!

Enjoyed reading it.

Pontoon Guy/Dude.......legend.....if you had video it would definitely go viral!

Yupper!!!!

Pontoon Man, Pontoon Man...he'll catch muskies when nobody can

His line is light, his fights are long

His musky tactics are all wrong. :D

Working on that country song

well that beats my 4 day 52hr work week last week!

Great job guys!! Slowpoke makes a great host out there.. hope that he didn't scratch his favorite lure with his razor sharp teeth!!

jjcanoe

What are you complaining about? That still leaves you with 116 hours to fish!!!