Ottawa River around LaPasse, Ont/Fort Coulonge, QC

irishfield

G'Day Wayne,I live in Petawawa and have fished the Ottawa from Rapids de Joachim, pronounced de swisha all the way down to the damn below Campbells bay. These waters are not known for ski's in any great numbers. But there are some. The area you are talking about below the rapids down river from Pembroke to the rapids above Chapeau Qc I have never fished. That is the nastiest section of the river for navigating. Theres to many suprises waiting, for me to take my bassboat in there. But I can tell you that the walleye fishing as well as sm and lm, and northerns is really good. The fishing pressure below the rapids from Pembroke all the way down past Campbells Bay Qc is very light, mostly worm dunkers and bass fisherman. I have a buddy who fishes the area you are talking about in his beat up tinny, I will give him a call and see if there is skis in that area for you. Hey Leechman lets hook up next season and do some largie fishing down the Lapasse way. Thats my favorite area for them hawgs.

Only thing is Irishfield is you'd be movin into my neck of the woods---Then we'd have to teach you to say G'Day from the Valley

Wouldn't be an issue bushart as I lived in Sin City (Smiths Falls) from the age of 9 months until I left for Post Secondary (and ran like I never had run before!!! LOL)

Thanks for the info guys... just trying to stage life here. At some point Leah and I need to sell here in Penetang as the property is too much to look after without depending on our children when we are gone (and I bet many of you know how well that works!). Property taxes are killing us as well...