The Leafs!!!

lookinforwalleye

Jays are so much more fun to watch, too bad they only get half the attendance of the leafs in a stadium nearly 3x larger.

unfortunatly the Jays are going to go the way of the Expos (remember them?) decent to excellent teams but no attendance, they'll be gone in 10 or so years

WOW...I know it's just pre-season but the Leafs were embarising,how a professional hockey team can look so bad.It's just pathetic how these guys played, no spark,no effort,nothing at all. Good thing is it can't get any worse then that so called performance.

so after a summer off and 4 days of training camp everyone's expecting strangers to have great on-ice chemestry ( is there a "shaking my head" smiley?)

Whoever thinks that Toronto had most of its regulars not playing is mad..They played almost everyoen outside of Kessel and Komisarek....Whoop-dee-do! That line-up last night was probably 80% of their 'regulars' so they will indeed suck again this year. Ottawa really didn't play too many players last night so what'll happen when the rest come back to play. Maybe if Toronto over-pays for more players they will do better?

9 players last night that are expected to be on the opening day line-up 45%, excellent math from the ottawa fan (must work for Revenue Canada) LOL

Ottawa fans should be the last ones to be laughing at the Leafs, no cups in the last 80 years....

come on someone say it.........

As always if you want the latest Leaf news ask a habs fan.You spend more time watching the Leafs waiting for them to fail than actually watching the habs play.Yes Burke traded away that pick and what did he get in return..Phil Kessel.Hows Gomez workin out for ya??

If you actually think pre season is a good judge of a team you really need to spend more time watching the Leafs..err sorry I mean the habs.

As I recall the habs basically played a few more games than the Leafs and neither ended up with the cup soooo not really something to get excited about.

Just curious why post a Leafs jab in a fishing forum???Kind of like asking what is better for muddy water bass fishing,colorado or willow leaf over at the habs forum.

Wow you Leaf fans are a sensitive lot, lighten up guys it was a joke!

And Chance you can kiss me bleu blanc et rouge :asshat:

Considering most of the regular lineup wasn't playing in the game,

I'm not a huge follower of the game, but it sure looked to me that Ottawa had a lot more talent not dressed than the leafs. If our young "unprovens" can't beat their young unprovens the leafs are even worse than I though they were.

I hope the Leafs win tonite or a couple of guys here may cut their wrists!!!

Seeing how badly habs fans embarrassed themselves last postseason, flooding the streets after early playoff wins like they had just won the cup, I'd say we are all a little too invested in our teams.

It's funny, yet pathetically sad, how everyone in the hockey world wants the leafs to do badly, except Torontarians. Are we really the yankees of hockey? I think everyone is just upset TSN doesn't care about them :asshat:

Guest Johnny Bass

Yup 4-1. Should have been a shut out. Our goalie(back-up) let in a weak goal.

Looking good. I think I will start watching hockey again! We will definitely make the play-offs.

Edited by Johnny Bass

...how about we talk about Price's performance LFW? Typical Montreal fashion boooing and then cheering when he gets yanked!? Gonna be a long season at the Bell Centre me thinks....kick him while he's down habbers...especially when you need him most! Smart? Go Leafs.

you said

Seeing how badly habs fans embarrassed themselves last postseason, flooding the streets after early playoff wins like they had just won the cup,

i say

To live in Montreal last season was an incrediblle experience.I cant ever remember seeing such a diverse population in such total solidarity. It wasnt just FANS, it was everyone, young, old, english, french,men,women,......everyone. Its all we talked about, and all we lived for. It was "We have a chance so lets rally behind our team!!!!!" I'm not even much of a fan,but i was caught up in the craze.

One of my employees works a second job at the Bell Center,and he was amazed by the spirit he witnessed by Habs fans. Embarrassed, nay nay, we were proud !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you said

Seeing how badly habs fans embarrassed themselves last postseason, flooding the streets after early playoff wins like they had just won the cup,

i say

To live in Montreal last season was an incrediblle experience.I cant ever remember seeing such a diverse population in such total solidarity. It wasnt just FANS, it was everyone, young, old, english, french,men,women,......everyone. Its all we talked about, and all we lived for. It was "We have a chance so lets rally behind our team!!!!!" I'm not even much of a fan,but i was caught up in the craze.

One of my employees works a second job at the Bell Center,and he was amazed by the spirit he witnessed by Habs fans. Embarrassed, nay nay, we were proud !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure it was fun. Enjoy it, because it's the closest you will see Lord Stanleys siler in a LOOOOOOOOONG time with the group you are are showcasing this year.

I bet Halak is looking pretty sweet right now? Classic habs fans booing their own tender minutes into a game.

Edited by ctranter

...how about we talk about Price's performance LFW? Typical Montreal fashion boooing and then cheering when he gets yanked!? Gonna be a long season at the Bell Centre me thinks....kick him while he's down habbers...especially when you need him most! Smart? Go Leafs.

yea and leaf fans have never booed one of their own,where should i start Toskala,Raycroft,Hoglund,McCabe,Murphy..............man they even booed the whole team in the first pre season game of the year. :clapping: