Thinking of a tackle purge

GBW

Hey all.

I know headhunters thoughts on this but I want to know what the core group thins of this. I have enough lures to choke a whale and a lot of it I don't use anymore now that I fish for walleye and not so much for bass. Is it worth the effort to take all these pic's, review the prices of the lures and sell them or just keep them for the "just in case I decide to fish for ... soon"? I mean, that the soft side main bag is over 25LB's now and the other travel bags and getting up there too. Maybe I'm thinking of this as a way to purge to get more toys like a gas auger or something else, I duno. I have so much and I feel it's going to waste just sitting there when maybe someone else can make good use of it. Your thoughts? Thanks.

Geoff

My tackle purge worked out great for me! I sold off a ton of stuff that was just sitting around taking up space, and ended up using the money towards new toys. As a bonus, many of my sold lures have been catching people fish - like fishgreg's 43" musky!!! I say GO for it!

I stopped bass fishing a number of years ago and had a ton of good gear I no longer needed so I sold everything.

I had 5 Shimano V-rods along with Castaic & Curado reels and a bunch of tackle boxes full of lures and everything was just sitting here collecting dust.

I also sold off 4 St. Croix musky rods that I wanted to replace with Compres

Some went to friends and what was left was sold thru the OFC classifieds. Not much sense in having a bunch of stuff taking up room and not being used when someone else will appreciate buying it and saving a few $$$$ in the process.

If it is just collecting dust, why not make it available. I've purchased a few items on the board, and, have been very happy with the money I saved. As I'm sure the guys I've purchased from have been happy to get some extra cash towards what they want to purchase.

Go for it Geoff!!

Okay, you talked me into it... LOL I will review all that I have this weekend, take pic's of batches and post. The problem I know I will have is finding a fair price for me and the buyer... Anyone going to be near my folks cottage (4 Mile) and want a preview this weekend? HAHA

Guest Johnny Bass

I've been thinking of doing a tackle purge for quite some time. The only thing is that whenever I am way up north or on uncharterted waters, i see locals catching fish on lures that have been sitting on the bottom of my tackle box for years. I tie it on and viola, I have a new confidence lure for that lake. Not sure if that justifies hundreds of thousands of dollars in lures that just sit at the bottom of my box. Then I think some are so old they are antiques and worth something. Then I think I will pass them down to my grandchildren and maybe they could have a go. I'm sure they all work at the right place at the right time.

But then I think I can sell them and buy stuff that I know works in the lakes I usually fish. Like I said before. If we have another swill, we could bring our unwanted tackle and buy,sell or trade them.

So, what are ya gonna do with the money?? LOL.

It's not worth a tackle purge...too much work...pictures, PMs, delivery or pickup...just pick out what you dont use and I'll come take it off your hands free of charge whistling.gif

we could play a game of trade-ya, you trade me some cash and I'll trade you some lures... :rolleyes:

I say get rid of it all. the thing with fishing tackle is that there is always going to be that next "hot" new bait. every year you hang on to the old stuff, the more obsolete it becomes. Keep your confidence lures and expand on that. You may find that you might be holding on to somebody elses favorite lure. Its a win win situation.

Keep your confidence lures and expand on that. You may find that you might be holding on to somebody elses favorite lure. Its a win win situation.

See, this is why Cliff is going to pay BIG BUCKS! ;)

Oh that and it's damn heavy to carry around while fishing....