Check this bad-boy out!

Hey Gang!

I just spent the week on the road with Dave shooting some new show's, and I've been waiting for the "ok" to post this video. Being young and having kids and a wife who's still finishing her University Degree via the web makes my fishing budget a little tighter than some. That being said I can't really afford reels like curado's or chronarch's so I was pretty stoked to be able to get my hands on the prototype of this reel a few months back!!! :thumbsup_anim:B) This job of mine has to have some perks right! hehe

It's a bad-ass reel, and I had to shoot some stuff for this promo but let's be honest... there's no way I wasn't going to take it out for a test run..... or two... :whistling: Price tag...... Drum roll please... UNDER A HUNDRED BUCKS! I was telling MJL about it last time we talked so if you see this post, here it is buddy.

I hope you like the video we put together for it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOXEcKGODAE

Cheers,

Ryan

Hey Gang!

I just spent the week on the road with Dave shooting some new show's, and I've been waiting for the "ok" to post this video. Being young and having kids and a wife who's still finishing her University Degree via the web makes my fishing budget a little tighter than some. That being said I can't really afford reels like curado's or chronarch's so I was pretty stoked to be able to get my hands on the prototype of this reel a few months back!!! :thumbsup_anim:B) This job of mine has to have some perks right! hehe

It's a bad-ass reel, and I had to shoot some stuff for this promo but let's be honest... there's no way I wasn't going to take it out for a test run..... or two... :whistling: Price tag...... Drum roll please... UNDER A HUNDRED BUCKS! I was telling MJL about it last time we talked so if you see this post, here it is buddy.

I hope you like the video we put together for it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOXEcKGODAE

Cheers,

Ryan

Can I try it in 2 weeks :whistling:

That looks pretty nice, and I was debating a new baitcaster too, I have a big Calcutta, but it is a little too big to be comfortable fishing all day. I think I might have to take a look at this, I have always been a huge shimano fan, and under 100$ who could pass it up?.

I wonder how this stacks up to the citica

based on the specs, it doesn't look like it makes much sense to go with the Caenan over the Citica.

you are much better off spending the extra bit of cash and get the citica intead.

for a bit more you get:

-high efficiency gearing

-super free spool system (its going to cast a lot better)

-better anti reverse (has 'assist stopper')

-and an aluminum frame. not graphite.

I know its a budget reel, but when you are already spending $100 for this one, it probably is worth the next jump up IMO.

Edited by 12 Volt Man

HMMMM.....looks interesting....too bad about no lefties. Picked up a Cruxis in a leftie for the wife and I've tried it a time or two....very nice. I kind of wonder if they pump these reels out just to protect the price point of their premier reels. My Crestfire, which ran me $55 USD AND came with a rod, lasted me 13 years without so much as a tune-up or cleaning before the gear finally broke inside....probably a $25-$30 fix at Aikman's if I still want it as a back-up or icefishing cranker.

My Corsair 301 was a little more than $100....maybe $160 when I bought it, but it also went a solid 10 years until needing any attention.

Now I know that a Curado, or Core, or Calcutta is going to be a smoother, longer casting reel....but are they really worth the money? My wife's Cruxis is ridiculously smooth, and I haven't even taken all the brakes off yet (so I've tried it out more than a couple times :D )...but I really wonder if I NEED to plunk down much more than $100 when I finally replace my worn out Crestfire...????? Food for thought.

Now I know that a Curado, or Core, or Calcutta is going to be a smoother, longer casting reel....but are they really worth the money?

when you look at the performance over the life of the reel, I think so.

I have a Chronach 100A that I bought in 1998 that was almost $300 at the time.

12 years later, not only is it still working fine, it is still smoother than most of today's more modern reels.

so in that sense, yes I think in some cases it can be.

now, if this reel breaks, I know you can't get parts for it anymore. thats the only thing.,

shimano builds reels to last over a decade but only makes compatible parts available for a few years. sucks if you ask me.

I'm not sure how small the fish are y'all are catching, but judging by the pile of junk in my basement graphite framed budget Shimano's last exactly 1.5 hooksets, with Shimano reels either go big or go elsewhere. They do have an impressive marketing budget though :whistling:

Well what do I know. Okay I know my Daiwa graphite body bait casters (15 or so years old) have landed me Georgian Bay Kings, Whities, Steel, Lakers and Browns as well as Simcoe Lakers and Whities, both on ice and open water.

But I'll cede to your infinite wisdom on all things fishing related. whistling.gif