Well !...I'll be darned...

Beans

I didn't know shoal carp (muskies) liked corn...rolleyes.gif

Carp fishing with Crappieperchhunter this morning held a big surprise to both of us...a little after 10:00 AM I decided it was time to renew the ground bait on my spring feeder...as I picked up my rod from its holders I thought I was snagged but all of a sudden my snag started to head downstream..."Hey Steve, I think I got a fish but it doesn't feel like a carp"dunno.gif

Then all of a sudden I get a drag screaming run..."maybe it is a carp"...I no sooner get the words out of my mouth when a musky makes a gigantic leap out of the water..."Nope it's not a carp" I sez...

blush.gif

After a nice battle, with several big runs, (all the while laughing our heads off) we manage to get it into shore and Steve unhooked it without taking it out of the water...about an 8 to 10 pounder we guessed...dunno.gif

What a great way to christain my new telescopic 13' carp rod I got last Thursday...thumbsup_anim.gif

We had no sign of any carp until Steve got an eleventh hour one about 20 lbs...

Shortly after he left (I stayed on as my wife was going to a quilt show in Haliburton) the carp gods must have taken pity on this old carper as I hooked my personal best...had to go well over 25 lbs and took forever to bring to shore to unhook and release...thumbsup_anim.gif

Too bad we don't carry our cameras with us anymore...but I must have over a hundred pics of him or I with a carp...Gonefishing.gif

To celebrate, I bought myself a couple of those chicken ceasar wraps from Timothy Horton's...tasty morsels them...whistling.gif

Edited by Beans

Congrats on the new PB carp...As for muskies, I've had a few run-ins with them up in the Kawarthas while fishing for carp...They ended up grabbing and stealing my method feeders while I was reeling them in :(

Yep... one of those " You had to see it to believe it things". Truly sorry I didn't have the camera today :wallbash: Would have loved a money shot of a musky with pineapple monster maise stuck in his face and the wire feeder hanging down :thumbsup_anim:

The bite was dreadful until then, but that sure made up for it. It was a beautiful clean fish as well. Too bad it was under 44 or we could have had Muskie steaks on the BBQ :whistling:

Sorry I missed your PB carp my friend. But as you know I left Debbe at the cottage doing the laundry and to finish painting the Muskoka chair so I figured the LEAST I could do was be home for lunch on time. :)

Again an event I was happy to be present for. Might be awhile before either of us see that again.

Congrats on the new PB carp...As for muskies, I've had a few run-ins with them up in the Kawarthas while fishing for carp...They ended up grabbing and stealing my method feeders while I was reeling them in sad.gif

Hey Mike...I can see a ski mistaking a method feeder for a spinner or a buzz bait but what would a spring feeder represent?...Maybe it omits a vibration of sorts...LOL

the shape a spring feeder could have been mistaken for a fish.. its not to far fetched to think so. the sudden movement made by you lifting the rod could have triggered a reaction strike.

good going by the way :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by alexcba

Hey Mike...I can see a ski mistaking a method feeder for a spinner or a buzz bait but what would a spring feeder represent?...Maybe it omits a vibration of sorts...LOL

I guess we won't know until one of us puts 2 treble hooks onto a spring feeder and work it with some musky gear :D!!

Congrats on the PB!