Belated Canada Day Long w/e report

Gman

Been waiting a few days for some pics to come in so I could post this Canada Day long weekend 4 day fishing marathon about about introducing some newbies to our great fishery.

THURSDAY

First time out on big pond since a week and a half. Plan was to run down towards islands as I needed to get some time in on the motor, if that didn't work run back towards the launch and work west.

Got to the islands and it was nice green coloured water but shaker city. Worked the area for a while hoping some bigger fish would wanna play to no avail. Eventually decided to pull plug around 10:15 or so and run back towards the launch and set-up and head in the other direction. I wanted to find fish as previously mentioned I had my 3M Rep coming out with me Friday, my dealer's brother in-law saturday then my neighbor sunday.

We eventually found some water and fish around noon and decided to call it a day as we each had festivities to attend.

Prepared a batch of these on the bbq for our Canada Day party at our friends place, they always go over well!

Baconwrappedwalleye.jpg

FRIDAY

Met up with my 3M Rep and hit the water and had lines down just before 6am in roughly the same spot we finished Thursday. Wasn't long before we had a stick in his hand Had a steady pick of matures in the top on big metal with long leads off the cables with the divers pulling flies taking their share. The best part is we practically had the water to our selves, it was PERFECT

Here's a few shots from the day -

100_4203.jpg

100_4206.jpg

100_4209.jpg

100_4213.jpg

100_4224.jpg

100_4227.jpg

100_4234.jpg

100_4238.jpg

100_4241b.jpg

100_4242.jpg

We ended the day I believe somewhere are 16/21 on matures. Then we retired back to his house in PC for lunch and a bevy in his backyard. He's still talking about his experience and he can't believe it's been there the whole time

SATURDAY

Met with the RJ, my dealer's brother in-law who also works at the dealer for a fish. My dealer couldn't make it as he had plans out of town. Launched and ran to same spot and set-up shop. Temps were still the same and still practically no boats Was a much slower morning on the king front out of the gate, which seemed to be the story across the north shore. We still managed to get a couple in early. Then the wind picked up and about 30-40mins later around they came out to play All good quality matures including a double which boated us a 26-27# and my big boy tyee that came in just over 30# Ending the day I believe @ 11-12/14. We had a blast kickin' the tunes and crankin' matures, so much so he's already asking to come out again t this weekend already, and he's driving in from Peterborough!!!

Here's some shots -

Picture003.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Sunday

Same time, same place, same game but with my neighbor that has wanted to come out for a couple years but we just never got out crap together -finally!

Much slower morning with a couple of more boats. Had 1 in the boat early then nothing. Then I started to think how the past few days the bite kinda turned on late morning kinda an hour or so just before noon. Made a few changes to keep things interesting then eventually slowed down my presentation then they started to bite. Ending the tough sunday bite 7/8 on matures.

Here's a few shots -

Chrisfish4.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Chrisfish5.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Chrisfish9.jpg

Chrisfish11.jpg

Picture041.jpg

Picture044.jpg

Picture046.jpg

Chrisfish18.jpg

Chrisfish19.jpg

Chrisfish15.jpg

Chrisfish21.jpg

Chrisfish17.jpg

Chrisfish27.jpg

I was really pleased how they all handled the fish and we really didn't drop as many as I thought we would. There was some shaker action to keep us busy during the slow times and it appears to be pretty close to a 50/50 mix of adipose fin clips and naturals which is a great sign.

Cheers,

G.