The start of my Northern trip.

Ron

I will start off with some photos of our fishing trip up North. Perhaps if I get time I will do a write up about our trip afterward. These are just some of the photos from one camera. There will be more to come including video, you have got to see the videos!

A 10 day trip tallied:

Probably 40 Brook Trout with 9 Brook Trout over 22 inches, largest being 25.5 inches. (about 7.5 lbs) Zero fish harvested. Dano caught 5 over 22 with a new PB @ 23 3/4".

In one day, personally I put over 100 Walleye in the boat (ya, a few were given the ceremonial drift wood sacrifice, along with a few cans of Beans and potatoes.) Dano was not far behind in the Walleye count and he also scored a new PB inland Lake Walleye.

Couldn't keep count of the amount of Pike caught but definitely some BIG GATORS were put in the Boat. Once again Dano got a new PB Pike @ 43", you have got to see the shoulders on this girl. (pics coming soon).

I want to thank "The Weekend Whiskey Fishermen" (Dano, Keith and Jarrod) for a trip not soon to be forgotten. Special thanks goes out to Dano, had lots of giggles on the trip and can honestly say this has been one of my BESTEST fishing trips to date! Hey Dano, you ought to be in movies! ha ha ha (I can see a new fishing show appearing on WFN)

Cheers, enjoy the pics.

Ron...

95c4486e.jpg

a4807e64.jpg

The highly sought after trophy Whitefish, took almost the whole trip to finally catch our targeted species!

75027b58.jpg

5df4f155.jpg

fe961fce.jpg

053de3d1.jpg

a2b2ccc8.jpg

24ae176f.jpg

fe295ab4.jpg

bd769d45.jpg

fc8089cb.jpg

14f7712c.jpg

1e4bc899.jpg

a8c628ca.jpg

a7e72dbf.jpg

1d760a42.jpg

764fab3d.jpg

195a2c32.jpg

93727b08.jpg

c50fbc55.jpg

55ae29be.jpg

2a84e972.jpg

e4624ae0.jpg

9879a21f.jpg

b5d47b59.jpg

aa67d190.jpg

3a05f1c8.jpg

3b78bb66.jpg

92c05659.jpg

f9a5add0.jpg

a495171a.jpg

9f487d99.jpg

2553c2c2.jpg

e1dce8ec.jpg

ac4fe9ac.jpg

Edited by Ron

Nice Ron. Too bad that I wasn't able to hook up with you guys for a few days. It would have been a blast for sure. This photo essay explains just why Northwestern Ontario residents don't do fly ins.

Maybe we'll catch up with you this fall??

Ron, how's the water level out on the big lake? From the looks of it, I'd say down 2ft or so?

Water was down on most of the lakes we fished. Nipigon was down about 3 feet.

INCREDIBLE!!! How much did a trip like that cost you????

I have never really figured out the cost of a trip like this. If I did tally it up, my wife would probably divorce me!

Nice Ron. Too bad that I wasn't able to hook up with you guys for a few days. It would have been a blast for sure. This photo essay explains just why Northwestern Ontario residents don't do fly ins.

Maybe we'll catch up with you this fall??

Your ears must have been ringing a more than a few times Dan. Not sure on a Fall trip though, we don't need to go as far now to find the fish we were catching.

Awesome pics Ron, I really like the underwater shot, I might have to get one of those cameras.

Can't wait for the full write up.

Joey

I was thinking the same thing Joey. Seriously considering on accidentally driving over mine with the truck!

"The start of my Northern trip"

Wait a minute Ron, I thought the trip started with a phone call here to say hi to the Plummas while doing a drive by razzing at one of your buddies homes. w00t.gif

Would I do that? ha ha ha You would have fit right in Jester!

Dang how come you did not tell Jade about them fish last night???

That sure is one great start to a amazing trip Ron cant wait for the rest

Now how could a person compete against anyone that catches a 49 1/4" Muskie and taking home more than a few trophies for her efforts. Besides she would out fish me if Jade went up with us.

Very nice Ron!:thumbsup_anim: What camera were you using for the underwater shots? Looking to get one myself. Been playing around with a waterproof plastic bag housing and finding it a bit cumbersome. Looking forward to the rest of your trip.

It was my buddy's camera and I think it was the Cannon Power Shot D10, awesome photos taken with it.

ffbfc38f.jpg

Im pretty sure i can speak for 99% of the people on here when I say, man you make me jealous :P

:angel: Thanks!

Cheers, Ron...