Favorite Boat Launch??

Grimace

The Nicest boat launch I have ever seen is in La Salle ON. just south of Windsor.

It is like two airplane runways, tons and tons of parking, and lots of space to prep your boat without getting in anybody's way.

anyone else have a favorite boat launch in Ontario???

Good question. For some reasons I mainly remeber the bad ones...and when you launch with a celica, many of them are bad ones. Worst I ever saw was a launch at the top end of Sparrow. I backed so far into the water I could see water out the front of the car! Never did get the boat off the trailer there, had to head down to the river to launch. Head Lake ain't great either, but is manageable with the car as long as you don't mind getting a little wet. Some of the free launches on the upper niagara are ok, as long as there isn't 500 lbs of weeds covering them. Probably the best I've seen are at Ojibway Bay Marina on couchiching, and the free launch at the end of Tiffin St. right here in Barrie

Penetang has a beautiful three lane cement launch that you could put a boat in with a Citron...I just refuse to pay to use it as a tax paying resident.

Midland has a nice two lane launch in Peterson Park and well set up so you can get the boat ready while someone else is launching. Parking is for town of Midland permit holders only though...but there aren't any no parking signs out on Sunnyside Drive's shoulder.....

Good question. For some reasons I mainly remeber the bad ones...and when you launch with a celica, many of them are bad ones. Worst I ever saw was a launch at the top end of Sparrow. I backed so far into the water I could see water out the front of the car! Never did get the boat off the trailer there, had to head down to the river to launch. Head Lake ain't great either, but is manageable with the car as long as you don't mind getting a little wet. Some of the free launches on the upper niagara are ok, as long as there isn't 500 lbs of weeds covering them. Probably the best I've seen are at Ojibway Bay Marina on couchiching, and the free launch at the end of Tiffin St. right here in Barrie

Have to agree with you there Rizzo, Sparrow and Head lake is very difficult especially when the water is low. Cedar Pointe near Christian Island is brutal as well, $25 for a ramp that is sand and a big concrete block in the middle and you have to run at it to get it over the 1 foot drop off on the concrete block :wallbash: .

I would have to say Colligwood Harbour is really nice since they fixed it up.

Rob C

There's a double launch on Elliot Lake here, one steep and one with an easy slope so you can pick what you need for your particular boat. The one on Esten Lake is just a double concrete slab so you have to be careful where your wheels are or you'll drop down in between. Depot Lake has a decent ramp but steep. They're all free. I love it here.

The one thats FREE and does not have a line up.

Seriously, not sure of particular locations but I enjoy ramps that have water deep enough to launch and docks for both loading unloading by yourself and docks to park at while I go park the truck.

I was going to say egg salad sandwiches, but then I realized there was an "a" in the last word :rolleyes:

So, then I guess my answer would be Port Credit. That was has lots of room and the current isn't strong.

Joey