Berkley Gulp Alive leaking

lhousesoccer

a member of this board actually recommended a great way to keep them in their container. simply cut a small X into the center of the seal and pull them out thru it. put an elastic band on the threads to seal the threads.

also a friend of mine picked up a plano liquid bait container at bass pro, i think it was pretty cheap, i'll ask what he payed.

I love the Gulp alive product, but absolutely hate the containers. I tried the X thing in the top of the foil and it din't seem to make any difference. I bought the Berkley case and have no issues to this point with it.

BTW

It really burns my berries that I have to buy a 2nd product from the same company... but I like the gulp alive that much. Don't think for a second that I'm not looking for someone else to do it right the first time though... Hello berkley!!! Are you listening????

I'll second the Berkley storage tray. Not only does it seal well, it conforms to the rest of the Plano 3700's I have. You'd think Plano would have come up with that!

Also, the compartments are removable from the tray.

I use a tupperware container, at least the juice is now in 1 place instead of all over your boat & gear. Another positive about gulp alive - I put some of my other plastics in the jar of juice to have scent on some otherwise unscented plastics. Good luck

If you go to a craft store you should be able to pick up some "urine sample bottles". Never used of course! :whistling:

You know, the clear plastic jars with the yellow lids.

They work very well.

Edited by scugog

I am giving an empty 2 kilo Kraft peanut butter container a try this season...dumped all my gulp stuff in it...2 sizes of minnows, worms, fish fry, maggotts and leeches...

I cut out two circles from a cereal box to fit under the lid and so far so good...lots of room to put your hand in to get sumpin' out...Gonefishing.gif

Edited by Beans

a member of this board actually recommended a great way to keep them in their container. simply cut a small X into the center of the seal and pull them out thru it. put an elastic band on the threads to seal the threads.

Have used this method above and it has worked thus far...

I use a wide mouth plastic water canteen with a screw on lid. I bought a cheap one from a grocery store and never had a single drop leak. The only issue is it can be difficult to grab the minnow/grub with your fingers so i use my pliers to reach in. i think i paid $2 for one.

There used to be a very wide mouthed short glass jar with screw lid that came with some kind of food product in it but i can't remember what it was. I'm gonna wander the aisles of my grocery store to see if I can find something like that. It's like a large peanut butter jar only about 3" tall. Be perfect for getting at the baits.

JF

I love the Gulp alive product, but absolutely hate the containers. I tried the X thing in the top of the foil and it din't seem to make any difference. I bought the Berkley case and have no issues to this point with it.

BTW

It really burns my berries that I have to buy a 2nd product from the same company... but I like the gulp alive that much. Don't think for a second that I'm not looking for someone else to do it right the first time though... Hello berkley!!! Are you listening????

I completely agree here. It makes using gulp very inconvenient, and in the past, it has scared me off the product despite the fact that I love it as well. I've had moldy tackle-boxes from gulp product. The memory of the time it took to clean it, the tackle I had to throw out, and the fact they expect me to buy another product because they can't properly package the first product just doesn't sit right.

With that said, it's the last thing on the checklist to buy @ the tackle store before I hit the cottage vacation next week.

I am giving an empty 2 kilo Kraft peanut butter container a try this season...dumped all my gulp stuff in it...2 sizes of minnows, worms, fish fry, maggotts and leeches...

I cut out two circles from a cereal box to fit under the lid and so far so good...lots of room to put your hand in to get sumpin' out...Gonefishing.gif

I tried the Kraft peanut butter jar, without the cereal box cutouts and they leaked worse than the Gulp containers. Maybe I should try the cutouts.

It does seem crazy that you have to buy an aftermarket container FROM Berkley to keep Berkley Gulp Alive from leaking. It's probably all a ploy, but I guess I'm going to cave and give it a try since others here seem to think they work well. And as someone else pointed out, they fit the profile of all my Plano 3700 series boxes, which the Plano aftermarket boxes don't (go figure).

Thanks to all for the responses!