20 plus bass and a Musky.

Garry2Rs

Albert, aka HTHM, arrived at my place around 8:30AM Saturday morning.

Because heavy rain arrived at almost the same time, we opted to drink coffee and catch-up, until it let up a little.

In the end we didn't go out until about 10AM. No problem, the fish were still in the lake and were still biting.

We tried Flukes and worms in sparse weeds, but the HOT bite was in heavy weeds where we threw Yum type plastic toads/frogs.

We fished for 6 hours and caught 20+ Bass.

There were a few insane Dinks, but on these bigger baits most of the hook-ups were around 2 pounds.

Albert got a nice one of almost 4 pounds.

100_0176.jpg

The best was over 7 pounds!!!

100_0175.jpg

She posed with both of us...grin.

100_0173.jpg

We also got an incidental Musky on the toad.

015-2.jpg

All were released to fight again.

018.jpg

My frog was a Watermelon green with a white belly, Albert used a Tan over yellow.

Garry2R's

Edited by garry2rs

That does sound like the perfect opener! My day was pretty much the same in that I got extremely wet; but I only managed 9 bass, they were all tiny and there was no musky.

That's still better than sitting on the couch watching the Toronto Riots...

Just a quick added note, if you look at the pics you can see I am wearing my automatic inflatable......in the rain......well, it did not pop in the boat, but it did pop in my car on the way home.... :wallbash::wallbash: Anyone know how to deflate the darn thing, and what it will cost to get recharged?

Just a quick added note, if you look at the pics you can see I am wearing my automatic inflatable......in the rain......well, it did not pop in the boat, but it did pop in my car on the way home.... :wallbash::wallbash: Anyone know how to deflate the darn thing, and what it will cost to get recharged?

I'm not sure but hahahahaha

I know I'm an :asshat: lol

Isn't is just a CO2 cartridge like you would use in a pellet/bb/air gun? I would guess you can twist it off and it will let the air out or you can read the manual, ya know... :whistling: