earthquake?

Rob

Felt it here in Chatham !!!! The funny thing about it is, I was on the phone with a customer west of Ottawa and he went silent in the middle of our conversation.... I asked if he was still there and he says " Ya, they are blasting sewers about 3 miles from my place and one just shook my truck !! " hahah I said oh yea ??? thats crazy..... then we went on with our convo and about 2 minutes later... I went silent ! hahaha All of a sudden i felt like i was drunk rockin back and forth and the displays in the show room were shaking !!!!

From the Toronto Star Website

People in Toronto are reporting feeling tremors at about 1:45 p.m. today. Workers in office buildings reported feeling the buildings shake.

"It felt like the building was swaying," said Alex Carter, who works in a tower at Bloor and Yonge Sts.

In Ottawa, dozens of members of the national press gallery poured out onto the streets across from Parliament Hill as a tremor shook the National Press Building. Public servants and political staffers also began to empty their offices as the realization set in.

The tremors shook for about 30 seconds.

The U.S. Geological Survey reported this afternoon that the quake was 5.5 on the Richter scale, and was centred on the Ontario-Quebec border 19 kilometres deep.

Edited by ccmt

I'm currently at work at the weather office in Hamilton.

I work in the base of the control tower and the controllers almost evacuated when it happened.

Personally I thought I was having a heart attack LOL!

My compadre from Environment Canada was sitting beside me and he said the closest fault line is in the middle of Lake Ontario.

Apparantly it's a filled with contaminated sludge from the Love Canal.

Hopefully the quake didn't disturb too much of that crap (if that was indeed the epicentre).

I live on a dirt road and was driving along it while listening to the quake report on Peterboro radio but didn't feel anything..... Gotta luv the suspension on an F-150 :lol:

I got home a couple minutes later and my wife said everything was shaking in the house.

I live on a dirt road and was driving along it while listening to the quake report on Peterboro radio but didn't feel anything..... Gotta luv the suspension on an F-150 :lol:

I got home a couple minutes later and my wife said everything was shaking in the house.

Weird... the family is up there right now and didn't feel a thing!

Felt it in Cleveland !

Wow!!!! Rocking and Rolling here in Penetang. I have felt quakes here before but they were very minor. This one was almost violent.

Lasted for about 15 or 20 seconds.

Tom

http://earthquake.us.../us2010xwa7.php

Earthquake Details

Magnitude 5.5

Date-Time Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 17:41:41 UTC

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 01:41:41 PM at epicenter

Location 45.866°N, 75.457°W

Depth 15.7 km (9.8 miles) set by location program ONTARIO-QUEBEC BORDER REGION, CANADA

Distances 39 km (24 miles) N (356°) from Cumberland, Ontario, Canada

45 km (28 miles) NNE (21°) from Gatineau, Quebecc, Canada

52 km (32 miles) NNE (26°) from Hull, Quebec, Canada

53 km (33 miles) NNE (21°) from OTTAWA, Ontario, Canada

I'm surprised it took this long after all the Lakair chili and beans!

I woke up around 1:45 but I don't recall any shaking in London. I asked my daughter and her tutor preping for exams in the kitchen and they didn't notice anything either.