Ellwood Epps Open House/sale

ColdH20guy

It is a shame that people have to think so much into a simple heads up post. I love going to epps each year. we have been known to catch a few z's in the parking lot just waiting for them to open. We never buy much but its been part of our yearly trip since I started going many years ago. Wish I could attend the sale.

Jason

Edited by oxcowboy

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

LOL! Why are people so grumpy lately? Maybe OFC needs to get out fishing a little more, and spend a little less time at the keyboard.

Yes, that's a little weird.

If I were to mention "Come on down to the 'Taste Of Italy' fest this weekend for some great food,

I wouldnbt say anythinhg because im not a dipstick with no life...i'd say "thank you for the heads up" and move along if I wasn't interested. You need to join Bill The Bass Fisherman in the game of "getting a life"...i'D HATE TO SEE THE GOSSEP YOU GUYS SPREAD ABOUT YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY.

Give it a break guys. Christ if a guy can't pass on info like this then OFC is really getting petty. This is exactly the reason I don't pass on the deals I see every once in a while when there is a clearout at work. I have seen some impressive deals that some members would appreciate but I just zip it up and say nothing because of the narrow minded thinking around here by a few members.

Thank you for the news on Epps, even though it will not do me any good as I have to work and will be nowhere close to the area.

Here's something that will make somebody drool. We let a brand new 9x7 slightly dented garage door go yesterday for a hundred bucks! I mention that only so I can see you squirm!

Edited by pikehunter

a bit of cabin fever

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid25.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fc52%2FMrbeee1954%2Fofnfever.flv">

[media][/media]

Edited by Terry

Well it's understandable that Bill the Bass Man is upset, you have to take into account that bass anglers have a shorter fishing season(not open yet) and therefore a higher level of frustration, often trying to relieve themselves by taking stabs at others when they should be giving themselves the rapid handshake. :rofl2:

If you read the OP thread, it sure looks like an add and if you were a bit trigger happy then BtBM fires off a :spam: whereas in good taste, should have just hit the "wake up a mod" button, and had them look at it.

Hmmmm, I wonder what's worse. 1 guy saying don't advertise in the area where we're not supposed to advertise or 9 guys taking their "moral" high road and trying to flame him for it.

I guess we should just tell all the tackle shops to advertise in general discussion, so we'll have to wade through 100 ads whenever we're looking to talk about actual fishing.

I love how you respond to threads like this more than threads about actual fishing. It kind of shows where your heads are at I guess.

Hmmmm, I wonder what's worse. 1 guy saying don't advertise in the area where we're not supposed to advertise or 9 guys taking their "moral" high road and trying to flame him for it.

I guess we should just tell all the tackle shops to advertise in general discussion, so we'll have to wade through 100 ads whenever we're looking to talk about actual fishing.

I love how you respond to threads like this more than threads about actual fishing. It kind of shows where your heads are at I guess.

If the OWNER of a tackle shop used this page to advertise his products it would be considered SPAM and is against the rules of the forum, but when a member informs us that Joe Schmucks Tackle Store is having a sale, or whatever, that's a whole nuther thing and is just an FYI for the rest of us and is perfectly with-in the rules.

It's something that we've done around here for many years and is normally helpful to the members who are looking to save a few $$$$.

One of the problems we have around here is too many folks deciding on their own what's right and what's wrong with a post and then taking it on themselves to tell others what to do.

If someone thinks there's a problem with a post, inform the moderators thru the appropriate channels and let them deal with it the way they want.

If the OWNER of a tackle shop used this page to advertise his products it would be considered SPAM and is against the rules of the forum, but when a member informs us that Joe Schmucks Tackle Store is having a sale, or whatever, that's a whole nuther thing and is just an FYI for the rest of us and is perfectly with-in the rules.

It's something that we've done around here for many years and is normally helpful to the members who are looking to save a few $$.

One of the problems we have around here is too many folks deciding on their own what's right and what's wrong with a post and then taking it on themselves to tell others what to do.

If someone thinks there's a problem with a post, inform the moderators thru the appropriate channels and let them deal with it the way they want.

YES this the right way do do things and now that we know lets let this post go as a learning experience.

vance

It's something that we've done around here for many years and is normally helpful to the members who are looking to save a few $$$$.

Point Taken. I was a little harsh with the initial response. There's definitely a difference between a customer and a tackle shop owner announcing these things, I just thought there was already a forum for such announcements.

Point Taken. I was a little harsh with the initial response. There's definitely a difference between a customer and a tackle shop owner announcing these things, I just thought there was already a forum for such announcements.

Not a problem at all Bill.....Group hug for everybody !! :thumbsup_anim:

I wouldnbt say anythinhg because im not a dipstick with no life...i'd say "thank you for the heads up" and move along if I wasn't interested. You need to join Bill The Bass Fisherman in the game of "getting a life"...i'D HATE TO SEE THE GOSSEP YOU GUYS SPREAD ABOUT YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY.

Umm, I don't think you understood what I wrote. But I will forgive you because I'm a nice guy and finished 18 holes of golf today without getting rained on! And i am here for all the right reasons, don't you worry about that. ;)

This forum is going downhill fast.

Now a guy can't even post up a sales event at a local tackleshop to hopefully save a few people here some $$$?

The rubes should just shut up and say thank you or say nothing at all.

Edited by BillM

Guest Johnny Bass

Thanks for the heads up. They must be doing something right. They bought out Pete's place down the street too.

Bill made a mistake, he was called for it, he apologized, and that should be the end of that.

I think its the moderators that should determine what is spam and what is not.