Eddie Norths Attiwapiskat adventure!

fish1812

hoops and drifter ... I see you've taken a bit of grief over your beverage choices ... maybe Molson XXX, or CANADIAN would have played better. hehe ... funny that no one has jumped on the "Dr. Pepper" member of your group. hmmmmm ... oh, yeah he was the 'designated driver' eh. haha

anyway, I commented earlier but again ... really amazing week you guys had, and I have enjoyed living your adventure at Eddie North's vicariously. You won't often find a more timely, well worded, pictures a plenty (sized to load quickly), combo that tops this thread. Well done guys ... oh, are you goin back. ;-)

Nice post...

I'm heading up to Eddie's on the 3rd of July and can't wait. Can you tell me what the "go to lure" was for the BIG pike please? :Gonefishing: I'd hate not to pack it.

PM if you want to keep it on the down low.

One more thing...Did you guys ever get to the far rapids (about 20km away) Eddie outlined on the map he sends out?

One one more...was the 16 footer room enough for 3 to fish?

I'm heading up there with Flexrod and Yakpiker. Should be a good time.

Cheers

Bassive

hey bassive, the go to lure was definitely a 3 inch x rap, we nailed both pike and walleye all week on these, you wont be making it to any of the rapids that eddie marked, the water is way down and theres just no way to get there, even some of the bays in the main lake are inaccessible unless your rowing, but we still found plenty of places to fish, and we had 3 people in the 16 footers all week, i think i hit bob in the head with a spinner bait once, and we had a few fun moments with double headers but we managed with 3 just fine

hey bassive, the go to lure was definitely a 3 inch x rap, we nailed both pike and walleye all week on these, you wont be making it to any of the rapids that eddie marked, the water is way down and theres just no way to get there, even some of the bays in the main lake are inaccessible unless your rowing, but we still found plenty of places to fish, and we had 3 people in the 16 footers all week, i think i hit bob in the head with a spinner bait once, and we had a few fun moments with double headers but we managed with 3 just fine

thanks...what colour for the X rap?

thanks...what colour for the X rap?

for the x raps, i was killing them on a brown and orange one early in the week till i snapped off what would have been my biggest pike of the week, (gotta remember to check that drag a little more often) and for the rest of week i still did really well with silver and black, The pike assasin was using orange and blue and managed to bring in some monsters. But the fish up there are soo aggressive i think we pretty much could have used anything in our tackle boxes and they would have hammered it

for the x raps, i was killing them on a brown and orange one early in the week till i snapped off what would have been my biggest pike of the week, (gotta remember to check that drag a little more often) and for the rest of week i still did really well with silver and black, The pike assasin was using orange and blue and managed to bring in some monsters. But the fish up there are soo aggressive i think we pretty much could have used anything in our tackle boxes and they would have hammered it

thanks again..

15 more days and counting...

So, how was it??? less the two weeks for out trip up.

Everyone in my group of 6 caught multiple large fish.

Water was/is very, very low so we had to adapt to the conditions, but we suceeded in a big way.

It's going to take some time to properly put together a fitting report, but most will be blown away. ;)

Everyone in my group of 6 caught multiple large fish.

Water was/is very, very low so we had to adapt to the conditions, but we suceeded in a big way.

It's going to take some time to properly put together a fitting report, but most will be blown away. ;)

ahh I ll second that one Im still sorta in shcok and awe

Waa waa wee!!!!!

Great congrats to you all. Our crew is heading up next week, so if you an PM me any key lures or spots that would be great.

looking forward to the post.

Edited by Bassive