Towing kids with my boat

Well,

have never tried it but have seen other doing it so maybe it is my turn to learn :whistling:

Could someone give me a crash course on how can I modify my Lund 1700 Pro Sport boat into tube towing machine?

I have a seat mount at the back on the raised platform right between the two live wells...it would be great if I could make use of it in some way.....maybe there a towing pylon that is made to fit into the standard seat mount?

Anyhow ...all comments and advice are welcomed and needed :rolleyes:

Should add my boat has kicker motor mounted to the left of the main motor. So not sure if I can use the two U-shape bolts/tie downs mounted to the transom?

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

The seat mounts are not made to tow! I'm pretty sure you'd rip the base right out! Get a Y-rope attachment that contects to the two rear tie-downs that are on either side of the transome. Any boat dealer/Marina should carry them, and get a decent quality tow rope and tube.

Don't forget that you need(rule) a second person in the boat to act as the safety person looking back.

And kids are in tow as well, Dont forget.Have a pro rig it up if its possible.Get a professional opinion at the dealership.If there not willing to do it,dont go to joe blow afterwards.

Well,

have never tried it but have seen other doing it so maybe it is my turn to learn :whistling:

Could someone give me a crash course on how can I modify my Lund 1700 Pro Sport boat into tube towing machine?

I have a seat mount at the back on the raised platform right between the two live wells...it would be great if I could make use of it in some way.....maybe there a towing pylon that is made to fit into the standard seat mount?

Anyhow ...all comments and advice are welcomed and needed :rolleyes:

Should add my boat has kicker motor mounted to the left of the main motor. So not sure if I can use the two U-shape bolts/tie downs mounted to the transom?

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Hey Fisherman

Your best bet is to get a Tubing Rope and attached it to the U-Shape Tie Downs mounted on your transom. You won't have any problems with your kicker the rope should clear it when your kicker is out of the water. It might seem that the rope sits to low in the water but it won't. They do make Ski Tubing Rope

Emil.. just onto plane and max 18 to 20 miles an hour with the kids. Be careful of the "whip" and wake... those little necks will only take so much. I've been pulling skiers for over 30 years and I thought I'd broke my nephews neck last year.. and that was just behind the steel boat with the 25 on it! Tubing is a whole different deal..

For the bigger "kids"... remember that anything over 40 MPH.. the body skips on the water 'till it slows and breaks thru the surface! lol

Edited by irishfield

Emil.. just onto plane and max 18 to 20 miles an hour with the kids. Be careful of the "whip" and wake... those little necks will only take so much. I've been pulling skiers for over 30 years and I thought I'd broke my nephews neck last year.. and that was just behind the steel boat with the 25 on it! Tubing is a whole different deal..

For the bigger "kids"... remember that anything over 40 MPH.. the body skips on the water 'till it slows and breaks thru the surface! lol

yea feels like rolling grass

I remember when we use to just wrap a towel around a big tractor innertube and tie the rope around it.The wipe was awesome,if you made it. :o

Becareful with the little ones Emil

Be sure to supply a cup to any of the male passengers.

There is no scenario i can recall when being thrown from a tube that did not include caving in the "berries"

You just had too bring up old memories,didnt you. :w00t:

Does anyone know where you can purchase a ski pylon - either a dealer or online? My boat dealer charges $400 and I'm sure there are better deals out there. When I search the net all the good deals are from the US in the $250 range so I'm guessing that with exchange, duties and shipping, I'm not really saving. Is there a good and reputable Canadian site? Sorry for cutting into the conversation but it was the only ski pylon discussion I found in the search field.

Thanks, Kevin