Need some Toronto Traffic advice...

TJQ

Ill be in Toronto tomorrow morning around 11... Ill be coming south on the 400... I need to get to the Toronto Waterfront... Is it better to go via the Gardiner or Don Valley Pkway.. or is there a quicker/easier route for us Northern hicks....

Ill be in Toronto tomorrow morning around 11... Ill be coming south on the 400... I need to get to the Toronto Waterfront... Is it better to go via the Gardiner or Don Valley Pkway.. or is there a quicker/easier route for us Northern hicks....

Don Valley Parking Lot is propably too far east. If you want to stay on the hwys, I'd take the 400 -> 401 West -> 427 South -> QEW/Gardiner East. Otherwise, take the Allen Rd to Eglinton East. Then south on a major artery. Have fun. :D

Edited by Raf

TJ... traffic should not be a problem at that time and date... I would take 400 south to the 401 west, than take 427 south to the QEW/Gardiner east to get downtown.

Taking the DVP puts you pretty far east, only to travel south and west on the DVP to get downtown.

HH

I'd just stay where you are TJ, that's what I'd do. biggrin.gif I know that the Gardiner is under construction and down to 2 lanes each way at the Jameson bridge. Might be easier to go the DVP, at least there is no construction on it.

EDIT - The Allen Rd route is a bit more direct. (as Raf said.) I'd turn left at Eglinton and right onto Bathurst down to the Lakeshore.

Edited by fishnsled

I used to be such a sweet sweet thing, till they, got a hold of me

I opened doors for little old ladies, I helped the blind to see

I got no friends cause they read the papers, they can't be seen, with me,

Feel free to carry on!

HH

Jameson ramp is also closed, I work at Dufferin and King and it isn't pretty

That does sound ugly..

TJ I'd take the 400 to 401 east to Allen Rd South to Eglinton, hang a left then make a right on Bathurst like fishnsled and I mentioned earlier. You'll hit a backup on the Allen as you get to Eglinton but it should be ok otherwise.

I used to be such a sweet sweet thing, till they, got a hold of me

I opened doors for little old ladies, I helped the blind to see

I got no friends cause they read the papers, they can't be seen, with me,

Feel free to carry on!

HH

And I'm gettin' real shot down

And I'm feelin' meanNo more Mister Nice Guy

No more Mister Clean

No more Mister Nice Guy

They say he's sick, he's obscene

LOL!!

That does sound ugly..

TJ I'd take the 400 to 401 east to Allen Rd South to Eglinton, hang a left then make a right on Bathurst like fishnsled and I mentioned earlier. You'll hit a backup on the Allen as you get to Eglinton but it should be ok otherwise.

Getting off at Lawrence is even better, very little or no back up and then a right at Bathurst, did it for 10 years.

OR

Put an Alice Cooper CD, sit in the yard with a cold one! Because if you are heading back north Friday evening it won't happen.

I take the Friday before a long weekend off when I can.

Getting off at Lawrence is even better, very little or no back up and then a right at Bathurst, did it for 10 years.

OR

Put an Alice Cooper CD, sit in the yard with a cold one! Because if you are heading back north Friday evening it won't happen.

I take the Friday before a long weekend off when I can.

I like option #2. :D

That lawrence exit causes my blood pressure to rise unless I am one of the last minute mergers instead of waiting in line like everyone else.

Don't drink the Kool-Aid! Just a small mouthful of that stuff and they'll have you buying Maple Leaf T-shirts for the whole family.

It's only if you drink the blue Kool-Aid Roy, it's hard to find right now anyways. There was an increase in the Red Kool-Aid for a while and that was horrible. People were buying Canadien jersey's!!whistling.gif

TJ... 400.. off at Black Creek Drive. Follow it all the way down and when you go under the railway bridge you/and all traffic flow basically is turning left. I can't remember what friggin street it is.. follow it for a mile or so (and it runs East) past the leather factory etc and then the road bends/ turns South again and goes right down along the east side of High Park right to Lakeshore. Hang a left onto Lakeshore...

I've done all the routes for over 30 years and that is the fastest to Ontario Place/Air Canada centre/Front St.

TJ... 400.. off at Black Creek Drive. Follow it all the way down and when you go under the railway bridge you/and all traffic flow basically is turning left. I can't remember what friggin street it is.. follow it for a mile or so (and it runs East) past the leather factory etc and then the road bends/ turns South again and goes right down along the east side of High Park right to Lakeshore. Hang a left onto Lakeshore...

I've done all the routes for over 30 years and that is the fastest to Ontario Place/Air Canada centre/Front St.

Irish, that street is called Weston Road; turns into Keele Street at St Clair which turns into Parkside below Bloor.

I do it every day but don't go all the way to Lake Shore

That's my route of choice as well, although I don't know what the current road construction situation is.

Yup, this is the quickest route. I live at College and Bathurst. When I come back into the city from the cottage, I take Black Creek right off the 400. Black Creek turns into Weston turns into Keele turns into Parkside! Don't let that intimidate you, it's one continuous street! Parkside ends at the Lakeshore, hang a left towards the Harbour. You are there quick and easy!

if all goes well, i'll be at that show as well. anyone else???

plans are to drive down, hang out a bit in the parking lot before the show... behaving of course ;)

if you see a guy with a long goatee, bald, with a chick that looks out of his league, sitting behind a green safari... say hi! there may even be refreshments there!

ryan

Yup, this is the quickest route. I live at College and Bathurst. When I come back into the city from the cottage, I take Black Creek right off the 400. Black Creek turns into Weston turns into Keele turns into Parkside! Don't let that intimidate you, it's one continuous street! Parkside ends at the Lakeshore, hang a left towards the Harbour. You are there quick and easy!

Grace and Harbord here. The above route is probably the quickest, but going to the Allen then down Bathurst to Lakeshore or Front might be less mental stress. Be prepared to pay lots for parking, you will be towed or ticketed otherwise.