Trucks.....

Gerritt

I would recommend a Tundra to anyone without hesitation.

I used to be domestically loyal, constantly hearing about how good/reliable toyotas are/were.

Now, I am a believer.

For all those that may complain about supporting domestics, do some research as to where they are built.

Crusty's afraid we may actually prove that them "Grand Mother's Chryslers" he drives..aint what they were 20 years ago... 3 hours plowing snow drifts today in my uncomfortable '98 Sierra seat, with that crappy over pressurizing power steering doing it's own thing is enough for this week. Thankfully Dano and mine's midnight run North on Friday am will be in the comfort of my F150 Super crew seats.

Sounds like the crappy Sierra is the workhorse and the 150 is more or less Boar Hog titties...

I have to admit that truck does make me stop to look... as dedicated to Dodge as I am , it is one of those vehicles that tempts one to do a double take.

Tony, I have one. You saw it when we fished Bronte last fall. I absolutely love it. It kicks donkey off road, too.

I expect to get about 500,000 kms out of it.

gallery_105_173_27941.jpg

I have loved this thread. Don't get me wrong. The best part wuz the female organs, which I am currently passing around.

I just don't want to hurt any ones feelings. I love my GMC trucks. All trucks have there purpose. Every one has a fit. Some are for POSERS, others are for soccer moms, Chevy's are for those who don't wanna push 3000lbs of steel!

On a more serious note does anyone else here realize the price of the porsche cayanne turbo is 150,000 canadian

now thats an expensive grocery cart.

Great thread indeed! as I am starting to do some research on different trucks as I plan on purchasing one in the near future.

This thread along with the rest of my reading has seriously pointed me towards the Toyota Tundra. Honestly when compared, the Tundra has the most horsepower and torque in it's class, is cheaper than a Chevy, bigger than the Nissan Titan, and hauls/tows more than the Ford F-150...I'm sold!

It kicks some serious butt in the full size pick-up market. On a side note, too bad the Honda Ridgeline isn't available in a V8!

Tony

Tony B before you pull the trigger on the Tundra price it against the Titan their has been a 4-9 thousand dollar difference (US) between the two comparatively equipped. Toyota just got a hold of the numbers before they introduced the truck so they tuned the ECU for more horsepower and torque. I am not saying that the Tundra is not a nice truck I would have one along with my Titan if I could have two trucks. I have found that dollar per value the Titan is higher .....for now. I believe that the company that earns my money gets my business not the brand name on the grill.

Art

Well here's my list.

1987 Nissan King Cab - Traded it in at 325,000km's Should have done it at 300,000km's ended up doing head gasket and the rear end after 310,000. Other wise a great truck.

1991 Chevy S10 - Only got 200,000 out of this truck but I contribute that to towing a bigger boat then I should. The old 4.3L just didn't have the guts. General maintenance and that was all. It was in need of an engine in the end.

1998 GMC Serria extended cab 4x4 - 190,000km so far - TERRIBLE TRUCK!!!!! Every 2-3 months I'm spending more money on repairs. Brake assist drum (I think that is what is called), Front Diff, In-take gasket, alternator, switch assembly for the heating and air conditioning (unit had melted, could have caused a fire), Inside driver's door handle, Outside driver's door handle, (I've never had to replace a door handle on any vehicle) I could go on but I won't. These repairs are over a 90,000Km time frame. My buddy has a brand new 2006 and is having nothing but problems with it. Most likely the last Gm I'll ever own, but never say never. GM for sure won't be my next truck, I need a break on my wallet.

Presently shopping around and from what I'm finding I'll either go with a Ford or the Toyota. I was considering a Titan but found too many bad reviews on the web. Maybe Nissan will sort out the problems for the 2008 model but it will be too late to get my money.