Trucks.....

Gerritt

I have owned three trucks...

the first one was a 1985 Nissan.... over 300K when I sold it....

the next one was a brand new 1993 Toyota pickup.. the small ones.... over 250k and running when I sold it..

and the last one was a 1995 Toyota pickup "extended cab", 150k when I bought it... 210k when I totaled it... :(

I bought a trailer and a Honda crv in 2002 and my last payment on it is in April.. so on April 24th barring any mixups this will be the new OFC mobile... a 2007 Honda Ridgeline.

2006 Motor Trend Truck of the Year!

honda.jpg

I just gave my 1998 Explorer to my brother. The only thing other then scheduled maintnance on it was a thermostat

220,000km. It was a solid truck!

But after working 3 jobs for the last year and a half I decided to spoil myself with a VERY COOL toy. It took 6 months to get one but I love it.

Drives like a luxury car on the raod and eats the snowdrifts alive. Havent had it offroad yet as I have only had it for 7 weeks.

gallery_221_42_44141.jpg

Also has anyone noticed that Toyota is advertising the crap out of the Tundra!!! I wonder how much money they are spending on this ad campaign. Awesome truck but $$$$$$$$

Well, I was not a FORD guy at all, figured I would buy a Mazda import (insert joke here)

So I opened the door (made by Ford) oh well... 230K later sold it still running like a baby. Only repairs were general maintance..I was sorry to see it go

So needing more stuff I bough a dodge 2006 dakota It had the best reviews, in that price range. I would have sprung for a ford but the cost of Gas !!!!, Wanted to get a toyota but did not want to mortgage my house.. Next was the GM family.. lowest reviews,

How it turns out I will tell you after fishing season... So far 3,500K no issues so far LOL

I was just watching motoring 2007 this morning and they were testing all pick up trucks 1/2 ton 3/4 ,1 tons all makes american and Japanese.They will be anouncing the winner in some upcoming episodes.TJ nice truck but in all honesty I can haul more cargo inside my Honda Odessey once I flip the 3rd row seet into the floor.I also here some of these V6 models consume as much fuel as the V8 full size pick ups.Toyota has the right Japanese truck Honda missed the point.It will be a Ford F-150 for me. :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

118140.JPG

Edited by Mike the Pike

"TJ nice truck but in all honesty I can haul more cargo inside my Honda Odessey"

I agree... but im looking for more towing capacity than my crv.. That truck will ralrely be going anywhere without a trailer behind it...

First off I would never buy a Dodge, they are to trucks what Legend is to boats. ( CHEAP )

Sheesh,

Go ahead and bad mouth my truck all you want, I couldn't care less. But when you comment on my boat,

being a Legend and calling it cheap, you've gone too far. I know there are better, I'm sure everyone has an opinion on it, but to a fisherman that's a low blow. If this was a truck message board I would understand, but it's not.

I'm gonna go outside, push the snow off it, and give her a hug. :canadian:

Hookset.

Sorry I don't know how to do the "quote" thing properly. My girlfriend is amazed I can even turn the computer on, find the OFC Community, and type.

But I see now that it is the button right near the "edit" button. Gonna go push snow around now.

Edited by Hookset

You mean you wont drive a Vagina truck? you'd look hot in one with your pink tutu:D

Gerritt.

Very very cute, vagina truck! OMG

It is wonderful to see how dedicated people are to brands. That we will go through the years with a general loyalty and appreciation for our vehicles and the companies that make them.

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE DODGES!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK, nuff said, but I have never owned a dodge. A ford car, a Honda Civic, but everything else has been GM.

But, I have to say one of the toughest trucks I was ever in was my bud's dad's old Fargo. We went everywhere in that thing.

Honda Ridgeline, or GMC/Chev, whatever, Avalanche.......absolutely useless to me.

Can't use it for my purpose.

Gerritt, those fords are..................................well...........out there. Would rather buy the HumV, the original.

Bucktail, I would love to own one of the FJ Cruisers, and am still thinking about that vehicle.

But, a pickup, extended cab, is probably the vehicle for me. As long as I can fit my quad in the back with the tailgate up.

I am teasing my 1990 GMC Sierra K1500 along, to give me a couple more years of use(thats if the body lasts that long, lol).

I would buy the Toyota Tundra in a hearbeat, if I had the cash. Might have to pick up a 2000 vintage truck for a short bit until I can afford the Toyota, or unless something else comes up that fits what I need.

LOL, Gerritt, never thought of it that way, but kinda makes sense, those trucks are very high.

thats good info... Dodge has to make em heavier... to prevent them from flipping over on Off/On ramps

Well I actually am suprised that I am the only one that has a Nissan Titan on this thread so far. I have an 05 that has given me no trouble and has done all that I have asked and then some. A friend of mine (chris my 6'8" fishin buddy) has one also and it has enough room for him to drive and his 6'1" son to sit behind him. He pulls a 4,000 Lb bass boat and gear with no problems. The few problems that Nissan has had they have been upfront and were quick to fix as a recall with a free loaner car. While I paid more than I would have for a domestic it has been worth the price as far as quality and reliability. The truck is built with a very healthy motor and gets 12-16 miles per gallon if you can keep your foot out of it but it is really fun to drive. I am not loyal to a brand as much as to getting a quality vehicle and a company that stands behind it's products.

Art

Let's ad some religion to the mix...I worship my Dodge hasn't failed me yet..in fact neither did my old 77 D100 or the 78 I bought my son years ago. Now my Fords were decent trucks but not without problems... My GMC 3/4 diesel van was probably the best vehicle I ever owned mechanically but the trim work was crap and my other GMC 1/2 tons were alright except for the new engine GM put in one of them after the 305 blew the rings in 2 cylinders. So what I'm saying is simply there are good and bad in any North American truck made. I can't speak for Toyota, Honda or Nissan but can say if I were looking for another truck Toyota and Nissan would be on my shopping list.

I got an plain 86 F250 4x4 in 89 that finally rotted away in 05 so I replaced it with another one.

It took a while to find a low millage 86 F250 4x4 but I finally found one and this ones loaded with a cap Whoohoo. 9 more years and I can put a historic plate on it.