First brookie experience!!!

frozen-fire

Since the weekend kept us inside, MJL and myself agreed it was a MUST to head out today. The forecast showed that today would be the best looking day to be outside fishing compared to the rest of the week.

After work, we met up at the destination and walked to the water with rods in hand.

We saw LOTS of fish rising to the surface to take bugs off the surface. This got us excited!

It wasn't long before I hooked into my first brookie ever. Not a big fish, but it was very satisfying trying something new and having it work out!

antbrookie1.jpg

antbrookie2.jpg

As we walk the creek, we continue to catch lots of smaller fish.

The sun starts to set and we decide to head back to the cars.

On the way back, MJL hooks into a nice one.

mikebrookie1.jpg

Then, another one...

mikebrookie2.jpg

He proceeds to pull out one of the most beautiful fish I have ever seen in Ontario. An absolutely gorgeous specimen!

mikebrookie3.jpg

mikebrookie4.jpg

Nice work guys, that fish is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Can't wait till I'm back so I can join you guys.

Hey Vic...When are you coming back?

We need your DSLR :thumbsup_anim: ...Brookies are some of the most challenging subjects I've ever taken pics of...1/2 chrome, 1/2 kaleidoscope of colours and they never sit still for very long :lol:

P1020550c.jpg

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Wicked day! I grew up stream fishing brookies on our family property, and it's still a favourite way to spend an afternoon. I was out on streams on the weekend.

Watch out for the blackflies!!

Hey Vic...When are you coming back?

We need your DSLR :thumbsup_anim: ...Brookies are some of the most challenging subjects I've ever taken pics of...1/2 chrome, 1/2 kaleidoscope of colours and they never sit still for very long :lol:

I'm back on the night of June 3rd, which means I'll be good to go on June 4th :D!!!

Aren't you guys using Ant's? You should just do bursts, take multiple pics all in short period of time and I'm pretty sure one out of many would be nice.

Absolutely beautiful fish guys! Mind if I ask what you were using to catch them?

Spinners...But hopefully this weekend I'll be able to get one on the dry fly.

I'm back on the night of June 3rd, which means I'll be good to go on June 4th :D!!!

Aren't you guys using Ant's? You should just do bursts, take multiple pics all in short period of time and I'm pretty sure one out of many would be nice.

We took the pics with my FZ18. Somebody dropped his lady’s camera into the river one day this spring and had to loan the DSLR to her… :whistling:

I always have my camera set to do continuous shooting…It’s just not all that great in low light. Actually my camera is notorious for being quite noisy in low light due to the small sensor size. Looks like I'll be saving up for a Nikon D3 :w00t: