I love Cougars

GbayGiant

My friend emailed these pics, I don't have the story but it's a big cat from Alberta near Grande Cache, to bad it was killed, I'm guessing they are rare but I wouldn't want to be wondering around the woods with this Cougar, the local bar will do. :canadian:

gallery_322_145_4680.jpg

gallery_322_145_15311.jpg

gallery_322_145_8119.jpg

Ya, type I love Cougars into Google and take a gander at what comes up, I couldn't imagine. :o

Kids don't try that at home. :lol:

When you posted that, 53 members dropped off the board for a coupla minutes....

yes thats a good one.. :clapping: ...when i read your topic,i thought oh-no,, :w00t: ,,whats this thread all about...well im glad you cleared that up for us...lol..lol too bad about the real cougar,can they hunt them,i dont know,they sure are a very majestic cat thats for sure......cheers :thumbsup_anim:

I'm not a domestic cat luver but that beast is awesome. Seen them before and been up close to one in a cage that was a lot smaller. When they purr its sounds like thunder rolling in the distance. A majestic beast for sure.

Wow that's a big... Mountain Lion!

While I'm usually the first to say Better the cat goes before some child dissapears, it would seem out of place here. Such an amazing animal, taken from its wild splendor, killed by ignorance and greed. Bumer.

Still, thanx for posting John.

tight loops

Very nice cat. I did hunt them a couple of times about 65 years ago. I still hunt but more with then camera the with the bow or gun. Got a black bear in 1961 with my bow that dressed at 415 lbs. The next day in the same area I shot a great 16 point buck. Not to change the subject but on opening day of the Trout season in Mi. the last Saturday in April of 1946 I caught a 7 1/4 pound Brown Trout on a streamer I tied myself. That same year on his fly rod my Dad on June the 20th the opening day of Bass season in Mi. then My Dad caught a 9 lb. 3 oz. Small Mouth in Little Fisher Lake. it is part of the Glenn Lake Chain. I think of these things ever now and then. Hope you all don't mind me rambling like this. Good Fishing. bob

Edited by Robert Brunner Sr

I could never understand why anyone would want to slaughter such a beautiful creature.

Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

My sentiments exactly Lew.......Ill never comprehend it. I think it compares to the middle aged guy who buys the Hummer or the Corvette just to "prove himself" to society or make up for other "shortcomings"

Though its never nice to see an animal like that killed, bear in mind in a place like Alberta where cougers are quite plentiful hunting plays an important role in keeping the population in check. what happened in California when then banned hunting for them...attacks and incidents in the city increased many fold. thus opens the can o worms

I agree troutologist. Too many people are quick to jump on the beautiful creature/nasty human bandwagon. Then go out and purposely hook fish, only to let 'em go with an extra hole or two in their face...

Let's get the real story on why that animal was harvested before we get on our soapboxes, folks.

I hunt and fish, so I am deffinately not jumping on the tree hugging band wagon. However, I believe you should only take game which you are going to consume. As such I will never hunt black bear. The exception of course is self defence, and if you are a farmer who needs to protect his herd. I was also under the impression that cougars were a protected.

Let's get the real story on why that animal was harvested before we get on our soapboxes, folks.

I'm not on a soap box, and was stating my opinion, if you don't like my opinion, that's tough !!!!

I also hate bull fighting, leg hold traps and the British fox hunts too......is that OK with you ??

I don't believe that the bleeding hearts have no idea of how wrong they are about not harvesting animals. If it wasn't for hunting there would be no Deer in the woods to look at for one example. In this day and age left alone they would stave themselves out of house and home so to speak. I'm to old for any of you to scare me out of my joy of being in the woods. I really don't care if I kill an animal any more but I wil die protecting my right to hunt for it. I fought a war to protect this right but also their right to complain. No ones says you have to hunt but leave the ones that enjoy it alone. This is the way I feel and I don't need to hear from any one how wrong this is, because I'm just as stubborn as you are. Take care. Good Fishing. Bob

Edited by Robert Brunner Sr

Just a question but can u eat a cougar?? I agree with most hunting is a great outdoors sport and such but to kill a cat like that and then just use it as a trophy, is not anything I would do or agree with. itz like saying cause polars bears are getting pushed south b/c of melting caps and glaciers so when they get into land it would be ok to kill them cause they are there now?? I dunno thats preety sad to see that though. Just my opinion though.

Wow, relax Lew. You can freely state your opinion as I can share mine. :blahblah1:

I didn't see any pictures of the guy in cuffs, so I guess what he did was legal... When was the last time a musky fisherman ate a musky? Sure, there's no catch and release in hunting, but there is also a certain amount of mortality in released fish. Do you follow?

My $0.02

Come on softwater season. This snow and ice is making me crusty. :wallbash:

Bottom line - That's is one awesome animal. :thumbsup_anim:

I'd love to have that mounted for my den!

Wow, relax Lew. You can freely state your opinion as I can share mine. :blahblah1:

I didn't see any pictures of the guy in cuffs, so I guess what he did was legal... When was the last time a musky fisherman ate a musky? Sure, there's no catch and release in hunting, but there is also a certain amount of mortality in released fish. Do you follow?

My $0.02

Come on softwater season. This snow and ice is making me crusty. :wallbash:

Bottom line - That's is one awesome animal. :thumbsup_anim:

I'd love to have that mounted for my den!

You too are entitled to your opinion but you made it personal with the soapbox comment. Let's keep it cordial eh?