allergy issues.... help please!?!

hey guys, i've finally run into my allergies again recently while cutting down a few scrap trees. i dont know what the heck is going on. i got the usual pollen symptoms: itchy eyes, sneezing, whatever else. but this time my palate (either soft or hard one) is EXTREMELY dry and i cant seem tp get rid of it. it just doesnt go away and im waking up at night because of it and am gettin a huge loss of sleep. can anyone please suggest a site that i can go to or something to help with this? reacton and other allergy medications (in pill form) dont seem to work. i've spent about an hour now researching but cant find a single thing.

thanks!

I had a serious allergy with redness on my privates. Doctor told me I'm allergic to lipstick. http://www.instantrimshot.com/

But seriously, you need to see a doctor. A family member has such serious allergy that over the counter drug do nothing. He got a powerful allergy prescription from the doctor.

If this keeps up you may have to visit the emergency room especially if you start getting tongue swelling/shortness of breath.

hey guys, i've finally run into my allergies again recently while cutting down a few scrap trees. i dont know what the heck is going on. i got the usual pollen symptoms: itchy eyes, sneezing, whatever else. but this time my palate (either soft or hard one) is EXTREMELY dry and i cant seem tp get rid of it. it just doesnt go away and im waking up at night because of it and am gettin a huge loss of sleep. can anyone please suggest a site that i can go to or something to help with this? reacton and other allergy medications (in pill form) dont seem to work. i've spent about an hour now researching but cant find a single thing.

thanks!

Try your doctor, he/she would be much more qualified to answer this

I had a serious allergy with redness on my privates. Doctor told me I'm allergic to lipstick. http://www.instantrimshot.com/

But seriously, you need to see a doctor. A family member has such serious allergy that over the counter drug do nothing. He got a powerful allergy prescription from the doctor.

If this keeps up you may have to visit the emergency room especially if you start getting tongue swelling/shortness of breath.

LOL today a coworker said he was allergic to bananas.I had to leave the room,too funny spitting up my coffee at the same time,But on a serious note he actually is.He started with the jokes afterwards,LOL.Go see the doc immediately, never know.

Sleep deprivation will amplify many symptoms.Try a few shots before going to bed to help you sleep.Seriously,the internet is not the place to go for medical advice..too many whackos with adtictdotal stories and no studies or facts to back it up.Good luck.

Joe

allergies are weird. I have had poison ivy so many times that i now have an allergic reaction to mangos....not kidding.

The point is - see a doctor. There are lots of unique situations.

Also - may want to make sure you didn't get a tick.

Having a son with severe allergies,(insert deadly here) this is not something to be taken lightly... I have one severe allergy myself.. Bees can kill me, and horse flies make me swell up like the stay-puff marshmallow man...

Having an itchy palate can happen.... and may not associated with an allergy...

However, it can also point to something more serious.

But more often then then not, it is just an itchy palate... it happens!

Have you been tested for you're allergies? if so, and you are allergic, demand further tests (blood tests for those allergies) as almost anyone will have some redness to the prick tests.

in my/our case, our son is allergic to Milk, eggs, wheat, soy, nuts and any of the by products of these items... including chicken (fed on grains) store bought beef etc etc etc...

therefor we eat alot of organic products.. beef straight from the farm.. feeding on natural plants and grasses... not corn or animal by products etc.... for an example..

get checked and be sure!

allergies are not something to be taken lightly. As they can be life or death for many.

G.

One of the best cure for seasonal allergies is to use non pasteurized LOCAL honey, eat it by itself, in milk, on porridge, just a tablespoon is all you need to take daily, it has all the local pollen and flower nectars to boost your body’s immune system. Mind you its only for seasonal allergies caused by pollen etc and it is NOT for some one with diabetes.

thanks!

Been a cutter, arborists asst. for many years,. Not uncommon to get a reaction from wood dust and shavings from numerous species due to sap, tannins, etc... Some can be quite serious. You need to talk with an MD.

thanks guys.... the only issue up here though is the fact that there aren't many doctors in this town. I forget how long the waiting list is I was put on. I can however go into the walk in clinic. i may have to wait a while but to make some of these symptoms go away, it is well worth it. im thinkin it may be a newer cold now because im starting to get headaches and my throat is getting a little sore and raspy. and here comes the plugged up nose.... thanks again guys.

Edited by pike n' whities

One of the best cure for seasonal allergies is to use non pasteurized LOCAL honey, eat it by itself, in milk, on porridge, just a tablespoon is all you need to take daily, it has all the local pollen and flower nectars to boost your body’s immune system. Mind you its only for seasonal allergies caused by pollen etc and it is NOT for some one with diabetes.

I talked with a very prominant physician about this very topic and he said two things: Honey, but see your Dr.

As for a couple of shots before going to bed; don't do it, it can dehydrate you and also could, long term cause kidney damage. A Dr. may also suggest a sleep study to see if you have sleep apnea. This could be causing you to breath through your mouth at night causing the dryness and also loss of sleep.

Only a Dr. can really help you and if you are having problems and can't get in to see a Dr. go to emerge. This could be a lot more serious than just uncomfortable!

The best one I've found for me is Aerius, it helps my eye-itch so much I've been toying with the idea of going back to contact lenses. This year it's not working so good, but it's supposed to be an especially bad season so I'll cut it some slack.

I have had poison ivy so many times that i now have an allergic reaction to mangos....not kidding.

They're in the same family, so no surprise there. But get this - my daughter is allergic to allergy medicine! She had a reaction to an insect bite last year and the staff at the archeology camp she was at gave her some Benadryl. Within a couple of hours she was unable to speak properly, it started out as a slur and became more like aphasia. Had some mobility issues too. Turns out she now has to avoid 'first generation' allergy medicine. When she tried Aerius, a second generation medication, she had some tingling on her tongue and we started to worry again. We'll have to try a few different ones to discover which ones are safe.

I talked with a very prominant physician about this very topic and he said two things: Honey, but see your Dr.

As for a couple of shots before going to bed; don't do it, it can dehydrate you and also could, long term cause kidney damage. A Dr. may also suggest a sleep study to see if you have sleep apnea. This could be causing you to breath through your mouth at night causing the dryness and also loss of sleep.

Only a Dr. can really help you and if you are having problems and can't get in to see a Dr. go to emerge. This could be a lot more serious than just uncomfortable!

Ed Zachery what I meant Cliff.The internet is a wonderful place for a lot of stuff but the medical advice is off the hook,the shots before bed was meant as a goof.The bit about sleep deprivation is very real but the Al Gores amazing internet would make you think that both the shots and sleep deprivation carried equal merit in the solution to his dry palete.Go see a doctor in person.

Joe

I get wicked fall ragweed allergy attack. What I have found works the best is the following:

Aerius pills

Opticrome eye drops (non prescription) but they are a pain because you have to put them in four times a day, but they do work.

And most important:

Flonase prescription nasal spray once a day. This works WONDERS. Its a nasal steroid spray and there are other brands. It completely gets rid of the stuffed nose and itchy pallet. I mean gonzo, completely. No problems. Its a wonder drug for sure.