2010 trout opener

Roy

Well, Saturday was just a wonderful day. 2010 trout opening was great. Marc Thorpe and I went out scouting lakes in the townships on Easter weekend...we had a few in mind but there were also some lakes that neither of us had fished. I wanted landlocked but they were all going to be a zoo on opening day. Also, it was early enough at Easter that we couldn't predict the weather so we tried for a lake with good protection from the wind. We didn't want a lake with dozens/hundreds of boats either. Dodging the traffic while fishing is just not my style. We were supposed to leave here around 5:30-6:00am but I was online at 3AM and he popped up there too and was ready to go.so everything was ready he just had to pass by my place whenever. We left my place around 4:45.

The score for the day was 4 for 7, not large ones but beautiful fights. Although the fish were all over the water column, the sweet spot seemed to be 32-42 FOW and about 12-15' down. Almost all fish were caught on Savage Gear baits, the "Prey" model in natural colours. Using brand new rods from FhishingStuff. The challenge was that it was a brand new lake to both of us and we hadn't much time to figure it out. We kept two eaters just comfortably over the slot.

Here are a few pictures.

001.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

003.jpg

Ok,the truth is we didn't have much figuring to do....all we had to do was fish near here:

007.jpg

I hope you all had a great time!

added:

0012.jpg

Yes, I brought two home and J and I had one last night. While cleaning those fish I was amazed to see that there was no stomach contents...I was curious to know what they were feeding on.

Maudites belles grises mon grand! Tu me fait penser a nos fin de semaines dans notre petit lac à truites.. On pêchais du canot a gang trolle, à l'aviron..

Fantastique!!

Yeah Roy/Marc, whatever he said.