It Was Inevitable

DRIFTER_016

hahaha, i love it!

but they did put on a helluva show, was a great series to watch.

all we need is the habs to get out,and then i can go on not caring about who wins the cup.

but im still routing for the pens or even the hawks would be nice.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i wouldn't call over achieving in a series nobody gave them a chance in "choking".

series mvp: the war room in toronto.

blow habs blow!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

I hate the sens, but it did seem like the refs were dead set against them.

i don't think they are against them, i just think bettman wants sid vs. ovechkin :whistling:

not even, all of the goal judge calls were fair and legitimate. Being from Toronto, I was super happy to see the sens fail, but I've been a penguins loyal since the early Lemieux days, so it was nice to see the young guns bring home another key series. dynasty? too early to call but it looks hopeful.

They put up a great fight and almost went to game seven...a couple bad reffing calls and bad bounces and it got away from them......not bad for being against the stanley cup defending champs.

Can't say that for the leafs though.....5 years out of the playoffs going to suck again next year!!! :stretcher:

Now to cheer for the habs!!

I have never been a Sens or Habs fan but couldn't help cheering quietly (in the privacy of my own home, of course)for them both just because of the gutsy fight they've been putting up in the playoffs. After all, these are teams that were even beaten by my Lowly Leafs this year, the Habs on the last game of the year with their backs against the proverbial wall, so they must have dug really deep to deliver the way they have in playoffs. And the problem with playing way out there on the edge of your ability is that there's no room for error.

So I gotta give the Sens a lot of credit for their playoff performance. They didn't cave. They just couldn't sustain the over achieving forever. These upstart teams have provided some great entertainment in the playoffs. Makes me wish Toronto had just gotten going a little bit sooner.

JF

The Sens were better than I thought they would be against the Pens. Gotta love the NorthEast division, the only division in the NHL this year to put 4 teams into the post-season. At least one will make the next round because of Boston vs Buffalo. Can't see the Habs completing the long shot comeback against the Caps. Flyers will lose but should soften up the Caps a bit along the way. The Pens will have a tougher time against either Boston or Buffalo but will meet the Caps in the East finals.

Just like Bettman wanted :rolleyes: .

Edited by jediangler

I didn't see a single second of the series, so from that perspective its hard to see how anything could be considered a choke. Shouldn't the defending champs put these guys away in 4 games? Anything longer than 4 I say the Sens didn't disappoint and the outcome is exactly what any sane person would have predicted (Pittsburg moving on)

Pittsburgh vs Detroit in the finals again! :thumbsup_anim:

I will look forward to another Stanley cup thread from you on the subject if it does indeed play out that way :thumbsup_anim: Your totally unbiased :sarcasm: thread last year was entertaining.

My son is a big Crosby fan so I tend to support the PENS. But I don't have a team to call my own. Not sure who will come out on top this year. But from watching the PENS series I really don't think they have the D to repeat. Ottawa though severely outplayed still got too many chances IMHO. Playoff hockey is all about strong D and strong goaltending.