Our little Trip - some pics from Cuba!

TJQ

For the last few years the wifey and I have headed down to Cuba for a week or R&R before summer starts. This time we revisited a place that we had stayed at two years ago, its become our favorite and I would recommend it to every one, its the Melia Cayo Coco. The staff hasn't changed much and about 1/2 a dozen of them (mainly the bartenders, lol) actually recognized us from our last trip. LOL.. the one time we didn't bring fishing gear and they upgraded our room to one over the lagoon.. WE could see the fish all over the place.. We had to occupy ourselves with just feeding them.

Anyway, it was a great week, lots of sun, maybe a bit windy, but I think it would have been too hot without it. Heres some random pics from the trip.

On the plane it was pretty ealry...

IMG_0082.jpg

Umm how come its never hard for me to find people to have a drink with?? LOL

IMG_0095.jpg

I love eating them when they are looking back at ya!!

IMG_0097.jpg

Moniques view for most of the week.

IMG_0157.jpg

The chicken was fantastic...

IMG_0173.jpg

More cuban drinking partners (ya... Im sucking in my gut..)

IMG_0181.jpg

Then we went for crab...

IMG_0275.jpg

This is my favorite shot...

IMG_0328.jpg

Miles and Miles of EMPTY beaches... everyone was by the pool!!

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

Even got out for some shore fishing with Dave....

IMG_0363.jpg

And then went out for drinks with the locals!! (They sure did like Monique...)

SANY0004.jpg

The watering hole was well stocked!!!

IMG_0373.jpg

Our Lobster dinner!!

IMG_0406.jpg

Its a gorgeous resort!!

SANY0034.jpg

and finally .. champagne on the beach the nite before we leave....

IMG_0426.jpg

Weve been to a few places down there so if anyone has any cuba questions lemme know!

Bring a travel rod next time ;)

We usually do... but we brought way too many gifts for the staff and something had to give.. i think we will just pay a bit more for extra luggage next time.

We usually do... but we brought way too many gifts for the staff and something had to give.. i think we will just pay a bit more for extra luggage next time.

That's because you are too giving/caring TJ! Just worry about yourself next time :whistling:

Thanks for all your hard work around here... I love these boards!

Heres the video of the fish off our balcony... boo hoo..

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

Awesome. I think I mentioned this the last time you posted, but Joanne and I stayed at the same place.

We had one of the rooms on the water in the lagoon as well.

I spent an hour one evening drinking cerveza and feeding the fish cheesies LOL!

To this day the coffee at that resort is the best I've ever tasted.

I'm pleased to hear you both had a great time and that you were able to find people to drink with TJ. w00t.gif

Looks like a swell place to shake off the winter blues. I can see why you like this shot.....

IMG_0328.jpg

very cool! thumbsup_anim.gif

I think Dave is gonna have to get off that Subway diet, he's looks about a pound away from being washed out to sea. :P

Leslie and I went there for the first time about a month ago. Lovely place to pass away a week. Hope you don't mind if I add some pics to give further impressions of this resort. We went march break so we picked this place because it's 18 and over. At the Krystal there were 500 Canadian high school students partying HARD. The drinking age in Cuba is 16.

IMGP0143.jpg

The place has it's upsides like the house band.

IMGP0146.jpg

View from the grill and beach side restaurant.

IMGP0134.jpg

Gotta love the beach.

IMGP0123.jpg

Did you encounter the beach Pelican who let you get up close and personal for pics?

IMGP0174.jpg

Edited by scuro2

Cuba looks awesome....i know sitting by a pool is nice....but wow....with beaches like that...i know where i'd be. As for your balcony view...AWESOME....looks like a great time was had here TJ...thanks for sharing.

what was the place you stayed called....would be interested.

Thanks for sharing

Did you have a stogie with Fidel while you were down there?

Cuba has gorgeous beaches, friendly people and beautiful resorts. Take care of the people working at your resort and you will be treated like royalty. Small items like toothbrushes, toothpaste, lipsticks, and the like go a long way and don't take up a lot of space in your luggage.

Looks like the food was pretty good too, which can be hit and miss in Cuba. Now if I only knew you were going to be down there, my humidoor sits empty awaiting some fresh Montecristos....

And yeah, where can we get the Mercer bobbleheads???