Heads up Canadian tire rod and reel on sale

glen

It would be nice if they carried enough stock for at least 2 days. Very annoying.

Believe it or not, there was a time when retailers aimed to have no surplus inventory at season end. But then some enterprising soul decided that he liked the look of all that traffic rushing into the store, albeit to score bargains, so he started overstocking or even bringing in year end inventory just to advertise on sale. One thing that's always been the case though is that they really would rather see full retail sales than discount so don't expect overly large supplies of anything good. If all the store's sales volume is at discounted prices (little to no profit) then it's likely the store won't be open much longer. That's why I try not to begrudge my fave retailers some purchases at retail but look to other stores as a source of bargains only. If it closes I'll find others like 'em.

On the other hand doesn't CTC give rain checks on some sale items?

JF

Three day sale only and the Brantford store sold out the first day. It would be nice if they carried enough stock for at least 2 days. Very annoying.

The old days of keeping adequate sale stock are long gone. One day sales are meant to be a carrot on a stick. Dangle it in front of your nose and you follow it but never catch it :wallbash: If you have a hankering for their one day carrots, you end up at the store 3 days in a row. :devil: Even if you get pissed off by lack of inventory, most will still wind up buying something else

Believe it or not, there was a time when retailers aimed to have no surplus inventory at season end. But then some enterprising soul decided that he liked the look of all that traffic rushing into the store, albeit to score bargains, so he started overstocking or even bringing in year end inventory just to advertise on sale. One thing that's always been the case though is that they really would rather see full retail sales than discount so don't expect overly large supplies of anything good. If all the store's sales volume is at discounted prices (little to no profit) then it's likely the store won't be open much longer. That's why I try not to begrudge my fave retailers some purchases at retail but look to other stores as a source of bargains only. If it closes I'll find others like 'em.

On the other hand doesn't CTC give rain checks on some sale items?

JF

The flyer says no rainchecks for the 3 day sale items.

none available at the Barrie store on Bayfield. They told me to try Mapleview, I told them I don't think so...not driving through south end Barrie traffic to find they are sold out as well!

They can check their computer to see what stores have them in stock. The website tells you if a store has them but that depends on if they updated it or not. It said the Brantford store had them but that was last updated on Thursday. Now it says Friday. I was in first thing this morning and all were gone. Oh well.

craaaaap i totally forgot about that deal! would be nice to finally get a new set up. the cork on my 3 year old quantum is pretty well done, lol. im pretty hard on rods. im surprised that one lasted as long as it did. im still fishin with it too. gotta also get some braid for my caster. still havent used that thing.