How long have you been a member of OFN

Squid

94 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been a member of OFN?

• 1-2 yrs
    • 3-5 yrs
    • 6-8 yrs
    • 9-10 yrs
    • since before TJ

I'm guessing 10+ years as well. I remember our friend that is not to be named and Bob, I recall the photo spread as well with the frequent contributors. I brought Misfish over here....and I think he brought Joey over from another site.....so does that count for anything? LOL

Who remembers the first pic in that spread? HINT: there was a dog in the picture.

And yes, I will forever be grateful to Brian for bringing Joey here.

Been here quite a while. Since '01 / '02 I think.

Yes, many of the above mentioned names, and those not to be mentioned, are familiar to me.

First fishing site I ever joined and still the one I most often frequent.

Met many great people here, both online and in person.

Thanks TJ. :thumbsup_anim:

I've often thought about Crudd. Wonder what he's up to.

I was around for the original board. Some guy calling himself Muskiestudd helped me develop the muskie bug on the Upper French. So many upgrades I can't remember but I do remember the original board. The funniest part was that "he who has not been named" won TJ's first ever contest, an all expense paid fishing trip. That one burns.

There are very few names still here from the early days, mostly because there werent' many members at all. It has been great fun watching this board grow and becoming such good friends with so many people from Canada. You know who you are. My 7 year old son has explained to me that he is moving to Canada when he's old enough. I just hope he has space for me in the boat. Thanks guys.

Despite some of the crap over the years, this place is truly remarkable.

I miss Canadave. He is truly one of a kind.

Terry, where's the last supper?

Well my son just turned 10, and I remember discovering the board around the time he was crawling around on the floor....I remember AndyK's solo reports, and Canadave. Over the years I would move, forget my login info, have to restart...but it's all good :)

I miss Canadave. He is truly one of a kind.

His claim to fame was that he had used the urinal next to the one that Gord Sinclair had used at the CFRB studios. You gotta love that sense of humour. God bless him.

I'm not quite sure if this is the evolution of the old Zoo board but that was the first fishing board I was a memeber of. Lost touch a bit for half a year or so around mid 2000 when I started trucking, when I returned to regular net use I was here, and have managed to hang around ever since.

Nov 16, 2006 was the day they made everyone rejoin again. I do remember that!

jjcanoe

Edited by jjcanoe

:unsure: Cant remember [its me age y'know]

Been around for 3 Board updates, I'll have to ask Beans, he's the one that got me into this obsession :w00t:

Sorry 'bout that Chief !!! :whistling:

My memory is not much better...I know it was 28 December 2002 (I keep old calanders)that I met Big Cliff in living colour up at Airport Road to go icefishing so I joined OFC well before that...actually...I got an e-mail from Mikeo inviting me to the 2nd Lakair M&G so it must have been early 2002...

Met Jack and Jackie in person on the 16th September 2002 at Tim Horton's in Lindsay...He had a tin of pork and beans on the roof of his vehicle for identifiaction purposes...we had been corresponding via e-mail since way back in our Bill Dance fishing board days... :)

I was made aware of OFC from the old Simcoe board when I had a Kawartha Lakes question...

Edited by Beans

So nice to see some of the old goats come out and post on this thread. Yeah we have lost some good people and some not so good who will remain unnamed. I believe that the board just celebrated its 10 th anniversary just a while back. Lets hear from some of the newer members on this board. :clapping:

It was about 2000 or 2001 that I found this board. I had been reading the Zoo board, but all I remember about them was they were always fighting...grin.

When I came on board every Monday AndyK was writing about his adventures over the weekend. He was so honest about his faux pas and, with his somewhat broken English, I would laugh until tears ran down my face!

I still see Andy and hear from Mikeo and Canadave...

Ah Yes! "Those were the days my friend..."

Been around 8-9 years ago it was when I had broken my foot and was off work I had found many sites but this is the only one that I am still a member (other then Ebay) I have made many great friends here over the years.

Thanks to all who keep this place going and the life long friends I have made here.