The Production of My New Boat

aniceguy

Next year is the plan. I'll finally have some good rods and reels to be able to fish with and some cash to enter this stuff.

See you next year haha.

Honestly Mike you dont need great gear and its 60 to join a club and roughly 100 or so to fish a tourny, lots of great guys who will happily share gear and stuff, unless you draw Charles and your trolling senko's all day you ll learn a pile

Billy when I sold my 111 and 102 I was thinking that was the way to go, I started to shop it and realized I was around a 2k difference and thought for 2 k I can buy a lot of other things.

Very Good Point...

2K buys a LOT of expensive gasoline...:<(

Edited by Billy Bob

Very nice boat Louis. I just have one peev about it. If you are spending really good money for your custom made boat, why would you allow them to put those standard crappy gauges in the dash. Surely, Mercury offers better quality gauges I mean seriously. Everything in that boat is top notch equipment and those things are relics. Just think about a year or two from now when everything is still looking like new and those gauges look like they are twenty years old. Sorry I had to say it. Otherwise, good luck with your baby.

Edited by Kingsalmon

A few years ago I had the pleasure of spending a day on a Pantera II while fishing in a BASS tournament and I can say it was a sweet ride....fast too. And this coming from a guy who had a Triton TR21 at the time. You'll like the Basscat.

Very nice boat Louis. I just have one peev about it. If you are spending really good money for your custom made boat, why would you allow them to put those standard crappy gauges in the dash. Surely, Mercury offers better quality gauges I mean seriously. Everything in that boat is top notch equipment and those things are relics. Just think about a year or two from now when everything is still looking like new and those gauges look like they are twenty years old. Sorry I had to say it. Otherwise, good luck with your baby.

I believe with the Lowrance HDS units you can network in your Merc motor and get many of the reading right on the Lowrance HDS units...but you better check if it's capatable with Merc outboards.

I thought about the smart guages, and I can see the merits of it, but 1500 more didnt make sense besides the only guages that are important to me any how are the trim water pressure and tach

Lowrance could network into the guages since i don thave lowrance units that was another reason for the standard package

Don't you just love how the rest of us want to spend YOUR money... :P

lol.......actually awsome comments, sorta makes me think that I wasnt the only one to think through all the issues........end of the day 14 to 16 days and its here....

JF thats the other thing the factory is sending a 26p 4 blade trophy plus, and I ll find

a26 fury afterwards

Edited by aniceguy

lol.......actually awsome comments, sorta makes me think that I wasnt the only one to think through all the issues........end of the day 14 to 16 days and its here....

JF thats the other thing the factory is sending a 26p 4 blade trophy plus, and I ll find

a26 fury afterwards

Waytago. Do I see a 75 or 76 in yer future? Keep that hull clean son and invite me for a ride one day. Gotta love goin' fast. :thumbsup_anim:

JF

I would definitely look at the TEMPEST ll prop by merc. It's a three blade, and you will get more top end then any four-blade. A 25 pitch will probably take care of you just fine. If not a 26.

the four blade I figured get out of the factory because I want it for rougher water, you think a tempest? I have been reading that those fury props are almost a perfet fit for the p2

It was a tough weekend with me having kids baseball, while suffering through a mid Spring cold/ flu or

anything in between. Here i am just a common Joe not a pro but a single paying customer. the chap from Bass Cat that was sending me daily updates on my build was on holiday and I though there goes my updates so bummed I was a bit.

Today Im sitting and trying to wait until the buckleys kicks in ( ya it does suck) and I see on my phone an

update on a bass fishing site of my build in progress, nope the pictures were not emialed to me rather they them selves

posted them on an internet site..... :clapping: talk about taking the next step in customer support....

Anyhow I see soe good progress was made but what really impressed me is the true colors are showing now

The Charcoal color and the remington steel of the cap are much more accurate. I think Im going to extend a blog on this build and build it to a multi year excercise on the cat and Milo.....

Sorry if this is boring but for those that like this sort of post...............enjoy

The back of the hull again the colors are much better and I see some awsome progress

d623518b421da6be8a3474ba0dd61a029aa.jpg

a somewhat more slanted view of the hull...lookin sweet

1f215948a484730b36eec1ea2a9b44172b2.jpg