Thank You Ron and Michael

bigugli

Guess it's better to have a fresh thread to say "Thank You" for representing all our interests, and the best interests of the fishery on Rice Lake. The end results of your perseverence are a reminder that we can make a difference.

No thanks needed, it's not like we saved the world! if you have an interest or a passion you get involved. You only get involved as much as you want to. People wanting to infringe on my fishing opportunities, I am not backing down.

Cheers, Ron...

The credit should go out to the board members who have helped out in the process all along. :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Before the RLTA issue, a lot of feedback was provided and support generated for the new angling opportunities that we are currently enjoying. The issues of ice fishing, walleye slot limits, extended muskie season and panfish limits were not easy topics to approach. The hundreds of surveys completed by OFC board members, numerous comments on threads concerning these issues, e-mails to involved people and attending public meetings all had an impact on the decisions that were made. There is a wealth of knowledge on this board with our collective experiences and these have proved invaluable when discussing these issues at various meetings.

After decades of staring at productive fisheries that were closed to all angling for months on end, I have been enjoying these new opportunites with my family, friends and Ron.

Thank You OFC board members. :thumbsup_anim:

Michael Brown

Edited by Michael Brown

I was glad to see this post lasted as long as it did...So thanks to the OFNr's for keeping it washable<---didn't want to say clean cause we all know that was not the case :thumbsup_anim:

Ron and Michael thanks for all your hard work, and being on the front lines when so many of us couldn't be...great jobs out there :worthy:

To the RLTA maybe a couple guys like this are who you should have fore-fronting your operation...I'm guessing you'd have allot more business this year if you did :wallbash:

Although all I did was knock off a few emails and sign a few petitions I'm proud to have helped...Another great Canadian Lake saved by the little people who really know its true value!!! :clapping:

Congrats to all...Tightlines everyone :Gonefishing:

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed but I have see ads on this website for a couple of Rice Lake Cottage resorts.

Good for them. This issue was pushed by a few individuals claiming they represented the RLTA. I know they did not represent the whole association and have had discussions with quite a few members who were concerned about the poor image they were being branded with.

Rice Lake is a fantastic fishery, with some outstanding cottage rentals facilities. If your looking for a place to stay you will find a couple of ads on this website to help with your needs.

Credit where credit is due.

Thank you for the comments.

Mike