GOT ONE!!

southpaw24

Hi everyone... so I had work off today and decided to go fishing. Went to work got a cheap reel (my gf got me a rod for my birthday) got some jig heads and berkley 3" minnows and went out. After q bunch of snags and a lot of lost line I decided to cast out 2 more times and then walk to the car. Well on my first of my last 2 casts i felt a tug. Now at first I thought I was just snagged again so I didnt really react much to it but then when I saw my line moving in the water I gave a tug back and saw a flash. By this point I was just happy to have something on my line!

So I pulled and reeled in the little critter and this is what I brought in. 15" of pike!

Apt Sioux Lookout 029.jpg

I know its not the best pic but I was by myself

now I know he's not a monster but for a guy who's definition of fishing was drinking beer and catching minnows in a pond, this was awesome. I am hooked now, pun intended... and cant wait for the summer to get here!

AA

Edited by southpaw24

.... Sioux Lookout, beautiful country and fish!!

You've got lots of bigger 'uns waiting for you!

Pike ... probably my favourite fish for catching.... and eating. You walleye (pickerel) guys move over... :P

Considering the original accuser hails from both Pickering and Cameron Lake, both places that pike are open year round these days (Lake Ontario and zone 17), you would think he would know better.