The cat's MEOWWWW!!!!

Fisherpete

Once more, Wednesday afternoon found me prowling the murky waters of the Grand River in Dunnville, hunting for my first giant kitty. This time I came armed with a secret weapon : superguide Steve Piggott and his 20' Lund! We launched around noon, and within minutes of anchoring were onto fish. All I can say is WOW, I have seriously been missing out on catching these things, they are an absolute blast. Big headshakes and strong runs, and the closer they get to the boat, the harder they scrap! I will let the pictures do most of the talking, but here is a quick summary... 5 hours fished, 10 fish landed, most were around 10-12lbs. I had the pleasure of reeling in six, but five were hooked on each rod, so I guess we call it a draw Steve lol... I also had the honour of landing the big cat of the day, 34.5" and 18lbs! What a tank... and an upgrade for Team One Rippin' Weeds in the catfish category too! (Big cat measured 35" from the tip of the tail to the tip of the mouth using OFAH rules, and 34" straight up, so I settled in the middle) Here's the pics... enjoy!

DSCN1569.jpg

DSCN1572.jpg

DSCN1573.jpg

DSCN1574.jpg

DSCN1575.jpg

DSCN1578.jpg

DSCN1579.jpg

DSCN1580.jpg

DSCN1583.jpg

DSCN1584.jpg

DSCN1585.jpg

DSCN1586.jpg

DSCN1588.jpg

DSCN1589.jpg

DSCN1591.jpg

Anyone who wants to have a great day of fun, and learn how to catch these things on your own - seriously consider giving Steve a call and booking a trip. You won't be dissapointed! He is a member on this site, send him a PM and get out there while the cats are hot! I can't wait to do it again...

I cheated. I used a guide LOL! We'll see how I fare on my own next time out... armed with some new knowledge and a second anchor... my new goal : 20 pounder!

Nice going cheater,LOL.Did you use any of my advice or location.Btw you bumped my fish,LOL.Oh well, More inches for team 1, keep at er folks.

I cheated. I used a guide LOL! We'll see how I fare on my own next time out... armed with some new knowledge and a second anchor... my new goal : 20 pounder!

Its not cheating.. Its a good idea if you want to learn the ropes.. and yes the 2nd anchor is key.. didn't have one last season but got a second one for this year .. makes a world of difference

Steve's boat has the vinyl floor, for easy cleaning anyway, but yep, the boot mat kept all the yummy blood and guts contained quite well.

The Frabill hideaway net is really well designed and built... no problems with any of those big cats.