Fishing Addiction - Good or Bad?

Mykester

Addiction is a subjective term. For me it's a part of the fabric of my being, in essence who I am.

Besides true greatness is never achieved without a single minded obsession.

(I read that in a fortune cookie last week. :D )

A business planning meeting, no doubt....

Like any addiction. Ya gotta learn how to hide it... ;)

I know that all too well :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling: I always get the, "When did you get that and how much did it cost"Question all of the time. :w00t:

I always reply

I traded some flies and an old rod for it and some beer money as well.What a steal, its worth a fortune. :whistling:

Yes it is an addiction, but a good one indeed.

Addiction is a subjective term. For me it's a part of the fabric of my being, in essence who I am.

Besides true greatness is never achieved without a single minded obsession.

(I read that in a fortune cookie last week. :D )

Wouldnt that be considered eccentric in some manner.And a trip to the cocanut house in someones latter years?

The reality of the situation is it is not that easy in todays society to introduce youth to the bounty of nature. It takes time and patience to enjoy and understand either fishing or hunting and the gratification it can provide...Unless you live or are raised in an area of the province that is still rooted by trees and rock. I really wish i could show my nephews what it means to 'get away' but unfortunaetly they just want instant action and results.....both of which are easily attained via a game console. 2 days in a boat and tent would just be too trying.

It is sad and painfull but I beleive that is truely the case.

As far as addiction is concerned I beleive we all know the answer to that.

The reality of the situation is it is not that easy in todays society to introduce youth to the bounty of nature. It takes time and patience to enjoy and understand either fishing or hunting and the gratification it can provide...Unless you live or are raised in an area of the province that is still rooted by trees and rock. I really wish i could show my nephews what it means to 'get away' but unfortunaetly they just want instant action and results.....both of which are easily attained via a game console. 2 days in a boat and tent would just be too trying.

It is sad and painfull but I beleive that is truely the case.

As far as addiction is concerned I beleive we all know the answer to that.

Born and raised in Toronto, hooked (lol) since I was 4. But I see your point.

no addiction here , just the love for being away from the daily routine away from it all.

my ex girlfriend used to say I'm addicted to fishing . in a heated argument one day she gave me the option sell all my gear , rods and reels and get married and do more "FAMILY ACTIVITIES " or she will go her way

well Told her gonna miss her , my last words to the poor women wore a lie since i don't miss her at all.

well Told her gonna miss her , my last words to the poor women wore a lie since i don't miss her at all.

LOL, Good on ya mate. I have been offered the ultimatium myslef before in more indirect terms. Why on earth do some women think they can change a man. And why oh why would they want to snuff out our greatest passion. So they can have a shell of a man mope around the house? Just beyond me.

It stopped being an addiction for me years ago. Its my life now, they day i stop fishin' is the day I die.

My wife brings this topic up at least once a week....she's my best friend so I talk a lot about fishing to her....something I'm trying to control a bit more now :rolleyes:

I keep telling her it could be a lot worse....I could be at the peeler bar every other day talking fishing to strange women ;)

Edited by TroutnMuskieHunter

being outside is my addiction.

whatever the means...fishing, hiking, running, biking, gardening, basketball, walking my dog, frisbee, swimming, eating on a patio, and on and on and on and on...............

Edited by laszlo

addiction is a perception of someone else other than yourself....i just asked my wife if i had a fishing addiction and her response was " no its who you are but there are times when i dont like you when your fishing Derbies"

In my defense to her statement fishing isnt the problem ...sleep deprivation is :D