To my American Friends!

irishfield

Don't kid yourselves here... the Great Lakes and it's feeders are on the agenda as well... that would mean the entire Trent Severn as well as any water dumping into these bodies... it's not only up to our neighbours to the South.. we need to support them as well as it is gonna affect Ontario, and both the East and West Coasts. If they get their way in the South, look for a world wide fishing ban to be next on their agenda.

The problem right now is that they are not distinguishing between commercial fisheries and recreational angling... they have lumped us all together and consider us (the anglers) to be as big of a problem as a 200 foot boat dragging nets... typical animal activist groups at work here. The worst part is the the Obama administration is listening.

The Americans need to flex their muscle and let the Obama administration know what they will do come voting time and so do we. Let your local representative know as well as the higher ups that we will not stand for this. Pretty soon their going to be telling what we can and can't wear outside! :angry:

JP

Don't kid yourselves here... the Great Lakes and it's feeders are on the agenda as well... that would mean the entire Trent Severn as well as any water dumping into these bodies... it's not only up to our neighbours to the South.. we need to support them as well as it is gonna affect Ontario, and both the East and West Coasts. If they get their way in the South, look for a world wide fishing ban to be next on their agenda.

The problem right now is that they are not distinguishing between commercial fisheries and recreational angling... they have lumped us all together and consider us (the anglers) to be as big of a problem as a 200 foot boat dragging nets... typical animal activist groups at work here. The worst part is the the Obama administration is listening.

The Americans need to flex their muscle and let the Obama administration know what they will do come voting time and so do we. Let your local representative know as well as the higher ups that we will not stand for this. Pretty soon their going to be telling what we can and can't wear outside! :angry:

JP

BINGO!!!!!! :clapping: And it is scary that any administration would listen to these groups...it's all about votes.

This sort of thing always floors me. Do the naysayers think thier homes, jobs, cars and lifestyles came without any affect on this planet?

Truth is the outdoorsmen (women) are more in tune with what effects their natural suroundings than those who live in glass houses!

Christ I loathe these uninformed stone throwers!

What a joke!! Just makes me shake my head at what the leaders of the world are worrying about and gets me thinking about my kids future.

That's why it so important to get our kids out fishing...don't force them, nothing will turn them off quicker, but, teach them the fundamentals and the heritage behind what we do as anglers. I find just showing the boys pictures in my outdoors magazines, or watching a fishing show or two...helps pique their interest.

It is truly scary that the organisations acutally have the "ear" of anyone...let alone our leaders!!!!!!!!

This is just plain scary and so short sighted. This has nothing to do with being "green" this just plain stupid recreational fishing has nothing to do with the commercial fishing industry. I agree that we need to make commercial fishing sustainable but again what does this have to do with Anglers? If this happens what's next? The world would be a better place if more people grabbed a rod and went fishing then we wouldn't have these synthetic hippies trying to save the world in such asinine ways.

Where are companies like Shimano and Daiwa while this is happening? They should be putting some money from the the billion dollar sport fishing industry into lobbying and such.

Shimano also produces high end bicycles and parts for the green yuppies. So they kinda have to sit on the fence.

They have tried for YEARS to take away our guns...do you REALLY think they will stop us from fishing.....ANY BETS......now for those who did supported OBAMA and I KNOW there are MANY CANADIANS here that did, are you happy so far with what he's doing and trying to do.......I know I am NOT.

Bob

Sorry Billy Bob... but none of us Canadians voted him in! Don't lay that blame across the imaginary line...

I'm also real sorry you have no appreciation for me making you aware of a situation in your own country. Don't act on it.. don't cry about it later !

As for your guns... he's already extinguished the bullet supply... and has serial numbered everything in the works.. so he's getting there! Slowly, but he's working on it so don't get too casual about it. BTW.. you get your Toyota fixed yet...

NOPE, Tundra is just great the way she is....

I know that Canadians didn't vote for him but if they could of MANY would of.....maybe even you.

I do appreciate you posting this but I already heard it from Rush this afternoon while driving.

Our ammo supply is now on the upswing and I don't see anymore short supplies in the future.....I have over 4,000 (rifle/shotgun/handgun) at the present time so I am not worried...just got another 100 shells delivered from Cabela's a couple of week ago so I am more then set for any kind of hunting and the cost is much less than in Canada...I know as I checked just in case... :)

And NO there are NO serial numbers as you suggest on our ammo....BTW are you even allowed hand guns in Canada...I know they are now after your rifles....I hope you someday regain the Spring Bear Hunt in Ontario.

Bob

Where are companies like Shimano and Daiwa while this is happening? They should be putting some money from the the billion dollar sport fishing industry into lobbying and such.

Just to give you a heads up bdox, Shimano is leading the charge for the recreational anglers. Phil Morlock(Shimano) has been involved from the start and has been working non stop in Congress representing the sport fishing community. Not unlike the fact that Shimano is the only company working on improving tournaments for better survival rates of the fish with water weigh in and working hand in hand with University Biology programs. Even FLW implemented the Shimano water weigh in system.

Don't kid yourself, their best interests are to help since with no sport fishing they will be out of business but they realize this and are doing something about it.

JP

NOPE, Tundra is just great the way she is....

I know that Canadians didn't vote for him but if they could of MANY would of.....maybe even you.

I do appreciate you posting this but I already heard it from Rush this afternoon while driving.

Our ammo supply is now on the upswing and I don't see anymore short supplies in the future.....I have over 4,000 (rifle/shotgun/handgun) at the present time so I am not worried...just got another 100 shells delivered from Cabela's a couple of week ago so I am more then set for any kind of hunting and the cost is much less than in Canada...I know as I checked just in case... :)

And NO there are NO serial numbers as you suggest on our ammo....BTW are you even allowed hand guns in Canada...I know they are now after your rifles....I hope you someday regain the Spring Bear Hunt in Ontario.

Bob

Well Bob.. you might wanna look real close with a magnifying glass! Here's the legislation for the state of New York.

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legisl...20HB%206920.pdf

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i don't understand how this equates to obama trying to ban sportfishing. none of the documents make any mention to the ban of the sport. this seems like fear mongering by individuals who have OTHER qualms with Obama.

i appreciate the caution taken and agree that commercial fishing and recreational fishing should not be considered one and the same, but this is fear mongering IMHO.

i don't understand how this equates to obama trying to ban sportfishing. none of the documents make any mention to the ban of the sport. this seems like fear mongering by individuals who have OTHER qualms with Obama.

i appreciate the caution taken and agree that commercial fishing and recreational fishing should not be considered one and the same, but this is fear mongering IMHO.

Actually I have to agree at this point but we as sportsmen can't take that chance with this administration as the liberal Democrats have and will try to take our sportsmen rights away from us at every turn......it's like the NRA always having our back on gun issues...give them one gun to ban and it's just the beginning..

(hey, I even spelled administration the first time right... :D)

This isn't fear mongering... this is fact... go try to drop a line off Hawaii where they banned fishing in the MPA (Marine Protected Areas) (Actually started by Bush, not Obama) or better yet off the section of California coast where they are proposing to if not have already.

It's doesn't matter if you are a trawler or an angler.. the groups lobbying see us all as the same evil... morons!

This isn't only about commercial fishing... it's about fishing Period! No fishing will mean NO FISHING!

They actually think Lake Erie is in trouble... maybe we should take these "groups" fishing there sometime... not sure how long they will last when their arm gives out from all the smallmouth!

I'm all for management and I would love to see tougher standards on pollution and more money put into habitat but to put us in the same group as netters, trawlers and other commercial fisheries is insulting to say the least!