Ice Out Pike - Any luck yet?

MSBruno

Toronto harbour is rolling this morning with whitecaps from the east...and the forecast for the rest of the weekend is brutal...lots of wind (50km/h + at times) and rain.

The western access to Hanlan's Point has opened somewhat...looks like the rowing channel still has ice on the south shore.

Only two more weekends for pike fishing so I hope next weekend is better.

I was fishing for pike on Frenchmans Bay yesterday with a couple of other anglers, no fish caught. Last Sat. we were ice fishing on the Bay , this week open water and whitecaps.

I was gunna try my luck in and around there tomorrow for some toothy critters on my way to my dads house for dinner

Hammy Harbour is open after all the ice grinding action over the last two days (there's more ice in the trees than in the water tonight!)

This is the year I'm getting that 36"er...oh yes, I am.

Got all my baits doctored up, there's some Esox goin' DOWN!

Hammy Harbour is open after all the ice grinding action over the last two days (there's more ice in the trees than in the water tonight!)

This is the year I'm getting that 36"er...oh yes, I am.

Got all my baits doctored up, there's some Esox goin' DOWN!

Oh no your not :P Im going for their mamas and papas.I may take a stroll with my spin or bait caster in the AM.There should be an open spot there.My best was 18lbs down there on a #3 mepps.As too which one, Im not telling :P

Been out on the Ottawa River four times so far in the canoe and nothing so far. All the main channel is wide open but the bays are still iced over. Was out yesterday and it was actually hot, about 14 degrees. Have been trolling stick baits and spinners as well as some casting. Probably a bit early but that doesn't matter. To bad the season closes at the end of March. I might go out today and play around in the islands, maybe the quebec side shore is more promising.

I kayaked through the west end of the Toronto Islands after work tonight...all ice is gone and the water levels are very low.

I saw one mother of a wake and a mud path when I went through a shallow section...probably a big carp. No other sightings or bites.

It's hard to be patient with presentation when you're fighting the clock and the sun to cover water.

Still was an awesome evening with a warm breeze and water as smooth as glass.

Guest Johnny Bass

I went down to the four stacks on lakeshore promenade yesterday. Didn't make any casts but I usually see them when they are there so it may be a little early.