To our American friends

Sandbag

My hat is off to the American hockey team. They played a great game, stuck with their game plan and made it very exciting to watch. I know silver is never enough for the players in this situation, but they truly made it very exciting for millions to watch. That game could have gone either way and none of the players have anything to be ashamed of.

Someone commented earlier in a thread about the Olympics being only for the amateur atheletes. Again, I know where he is coming from, but I can't think of anything as powerful in this neighborhood or town that has brought pe9ple together than watching the best hockey in the world on a Sunday afternoon.

I have lived in this neighborhhod for 11 years, and I met people today for the first time that have lived here for the same period of time. We shared a nice day and a patriotic laugh as I was in the driveway playing hockey with my daughter wearing a Canada jersey.

Thank you to both teams for a wonderful final

Cheers

Craig

Canada wins 1st period and part of second period. USA wins a good part of 2nd period and pretty much all of the third.

Canada wins overtime.

USA is a solid team indeed and they were not there by accident or fluke. They were legit

I was not at all surprised to see the US in the finals.

But I think any athlete, no matter where from, deserves a medal just for making it here.

After watching these guys and gals do things at 140KM/h that you couldn't get me to do at any speed, I was immensely amazed and humbled.

The woman that won bronze after breaking 4 ribs and collapsing a lung...my hat is off to you....

I agree... its funny that it takes a game against the United States to bring out the best in Canadians.... Thanks for a wonderful afternoon!!

Did anyone notice that there were no Habs players playing, if it wasn't for Komisarek getting hurt Toronto might of had a rep. Was there any Ottawa players??? Yea Im slagging the Habs, I dont think they had a player play for Team Canada in a decade.

Did anyone notice that there were no Habs players playing, if it wasn't for Komisarek getting hurt Toronto might of had a rep.

Kessel was playing for the US, not to mention the coach and GM.

what i loved about the games, was the fact that even with the loss the canadian fans cheered for the american team.. mens and woman!

also, the NHL should adapt the salute before game, where the teams line up on the blue line and raise their sticks in respect to the other team. i really liked that...

I saw that too - all the Canadian Fans showing their respect for the American team during the medal ceremony. That showed true class and I was really glad to see that. I'll bet the players themselves appreciated that as well. This is what the Olympics should be all about - win or lose. Just being there is a monumental accomplishment in itself and should not go unrecognized, no matter which country you are from. Canada did a magnificant job and all Canadians should be proud.