free lure making kit CLOSED WITH WINNER

aplumma

Her we have a contest that is for a lure carving kit

PICT0051.JPG

It includes Sandpaper, rough suick plug,knife, hooks and hardware and the $10.00 for you to buy the paints of your choice.

All's that you need to do is post your favorite recipe and hopefully with pictures for everyone to enjoy. I would like for you to include if you want to be in the drawing also. I will randomly pick a winner late next week and ship it USPS as a gift for you to carve and assemble. While it does not come with directions you can feel free to P.M. me with any questions.

Art (Thanks T.J. and Mods for letting me have a contest Yall are the best)

Edited by aplumma

Well I was going to post the recipe for bacon turtles lol but I don't want you people to get a coronary before bass season opens:

TlFYR.jpg

So, I love grilled chicken anything especially with lemon/lime.

Here is Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Fajitas

Pics here: http://www.mykitchenaddiction.com/2009/08/...etable-fajitas/

"Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Fajitas

* 1 packet Amazing Taste Fajita Seasoning

* 1 pound chicken breast tenders

* 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided

* 2 small bell peppers, cut into 2 inch slices (I had one green and one purple from the garden)

* 1 small yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise an then sliced

* 1 small onion, sliced

* 4 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, sliced

* 1/2 lime

* Flour tortillas

* Fresh salsa (optional)

* Sour cream (optional)

* Fresh cilantro (optional)

* Lime slices/wedges (optional)

Preheat the grill to medium heat.

Combine one tablespoon of the seasoning and one tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl. Add the chicken breast tenders and toss to coat with the seasoning and oil. Cover and refrigerate while preparing the vegetables.

Slice all of the vegetables and place in a large bowl. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, the rest of the seasoning packet, and the juice from the lime half. Toss to evenly coat all of the vegetables.

Transfer the vegetables to a grill basket and cook on the grill, stirring occasionally, for about 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the chicken on the grill, cooking for about 8-10 minutes, turning once.

Transfer the vegetables to a platter, and top with the grilled chicken tenders. Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime slices, if desired. Serve immediately with flour tortillas, salsa, sour cream, and all of your favorite taco/fajita toppings!"

Also saw this amazing website on another forum: http://www.tastespotting.com/

Well this is something that I kind of made up one morning.

Take 1 package of egg whites and pour them into an egg poacher

339T62000_Chef_Inox_4_Cup_Egg_Poacher.jpg

Start cooking the eggs and when they start to harden around the outside toss in cut up onion, peppers, mushrooms and a small chunk of low fat cheese.

Cook until the egg is good and solid. Toss on a plate and serve with 2 slices of whole wheat toast.

When you sink your fork into it. it's like a lava cake of cheese

This has saved me while dieting. It tastes better then any breakfast I've had and it has only about 200cal, 5g of fat and about 30g of protein.

Syn, WHAT IN THE HECK IS THAT? it looks sooo weird! hahaha. but at the same time, looks good.

Hamburger and cheese (likely cheddar) laced with bacon. The limbs and head are pork wieners. I don't plan on trying it, think I would die. Same thing with McDonalds food :lol:

Dam, now I'm hungry. Wish I had some pilsbury dough and cocktail wieners with melted cheddar right about now.

Edited by Syn

Well I was going to post the recipe for bacon turtles lol but I don't want you people to get a coronary before bass season opens:

TlFYR.jpg

Don't hold out on us!! I want some bacon turtle :o Lol that is one of the weirdest meals I've ever seen and would eat haha.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Fish and Rice Casserole - a Healthy Way to eat your catch...

I made this one last night...

First, boil 3 cups of water...add appropriate amount of chicken boullion powder...

place in casserole dish. add 1 cup of uncooked regular rice. add italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper, any other desired seasoning...

Bake at 375 for ten minutes with tinfoil on pan.

Remove from oven, add 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese, and any desired vegetables (broccoli, peas etc) Sprinkle with paprika.

Bake for 20 minutes at 375. Remove (when most of the water is gone) and add shredded cheddar cheese to the top. Bake for 5 more minutes until cheese is melted. Eat it up.

Leechman's chateaubriand steak. This recipe I make every week during the winter and it's pretty good.

Ingredients you'll need:

3 Chateaubriand steaks, 1 oignon, a couple branches of celery, half sweet pepper red all grossly chopped, one small packet of Bovril beef flavour, 1/3 cup of warm water.

Dilute the bovril into 1/3 cup of warm water and set aside.

Preheat a pan on high and after a minute, drop a chunk of butter. You should hear the butter sizzle while it's melting. When completely melted, add the steaks in the pan and sear each side. Don't over do it. The middle should be rare at this point. Move the steaks into an oven casserole or corning ware container and preheat the oven at 200 degrees.

Add / spread the oignons, celery and peppers around the steaks. Pour the bovril on top of the steaks and vegetables, salt and pepper to taste. Cover with foil and into the oven for 1 hour and a half.

Serve with mash potatoes or rice if you like and Cesar salad.

Enjoy

Leechman

1 northern pike (fish), must be

scaled, no fins or tail, leave the head on

2 c. diced raw potatoes

1/4 c. butter or margarine

2-3 c. milk

Salt and pepper

Fish must be cleaned and thawed. Wrap in cheese cloth. Boil with potatoes. Fish done in 7 minutes. Bring potatoes to boil. Before done, cook fish. After fish is done, take out of cheese cloth and clean the meat from the bones. Drain potatoes, mix in fish, buttered milk (peppercorns if desired). Bring to a slow simmer.

(Ive never made this ... but I think Im gonna!!!)

Here's one I make all the time! Its amazing!!

Baked Parmesan Perch

Ingredients

2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese 1 tablespoon paprika 1 teaspoon dried basil 1 pound perch or fish fillets of your choice 1 tablespoon butter

In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, paprika and basil. Brush fish fillets with butter(or oil), then dip into the crumb mixture. Place in a greased baking pan. bake, uncovered, at 500 degrees F for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

You can try it this way too!

OUTSTANDING with the following: add 1 Tbsp of lemon pepper and 2 Tbps of grated parmesan (total of 3 Tbps). I kept the heat at 500, but covered it (lightly, not wrapped around the pan) with tin foil for the last 3-5 minutes, as it was showing signs of blackening. amazing folks!

How do I post pics? LOL

10-28%20027.jpgmy summer bbq fav!!

Salmon stuffed pinwheels

take 2 fillets of salmon, remove skin and wash

1 cup king crab meat

1 stick cream cheese

2 tbsp of mayo

6 large mushrooms of choice

1 red pepper

1 onion

1 bunch fresh dill

1 lemon

Clean and remove skin from fillets, place skin up on cutting board

cut fillets into about 1 1/4- 1 1/2 inch strips

take crab meat, cream cheese, mayo and mix together

chop onion, pepper and mushrooms and cook gently in skillet... allow to cool

mix crab meat and vegetables together with dill

place crab meat stuffing on skin side (once removed) and roll...hold with tooth pick or butchers twine

butter a pan corning ware works good, if using oven I find a little water in the bottom of the pan helps to steam

may fav is cedar planked on bbq, your choice

pre heat oven to 350 degrees and bake pinwheels until cooked depending on thickness

salt and pepper and lemon to taste

I like to serve it with sweet peas in the jacket with honey or corn syrup and garlic on them

baked potato with sour cream

and spring green salad with roasted almonds and mandarins

Edited by tightline

TlFYR.jpg

There is just something wrong with this picture :(

I figured all the attention this one was getting we should atleast recognize the source

http://klg2a.blogspot.com/2010/02/super-bo...rtleburger.html

Cliff's Cream of roasted garlic seafood chouder.

Ingredients:

5 garlic Bulbs

4 Tbsp Olive Oil (a little more won't hurt)

2 1/2 cups chicken broth

1 cup white wine (and a glass for you while you are cooking)

2 1/2 cups of milk

1 cup heavy whipping cream

1/2 cup peeled and cubed potatoes

1 1/2 cups salad shrimp (but you can use clams, scallops or almost any fish cut into small pieces or any combination of above) (you can leave the fish out if you just want to serve this as a soup)

salt and pepper to taste

Cut about 1/4" off the top of the garlic bulbs and place them cut side up in a shallow roasting pan, drizzle olive oil over the cut area and bake in a pre heated 350° oven for 1 hour.

Cool slightly then press individual garlic cloves between thumb and finger squeezing the garlic out.

In a sauce pan, combine garlic, chicken stock, and white wine, simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.

Stir in the milk, cream, and potatoes and simmer for an additional 30 minutes.

Puree the soup/chowder in a blender then return to the sauce pan.

Now I usually take the bits of raw garlic that came out of the top of the bulbs and add it to the mixture at this point then add the shrimp or whatever else I am using. Add your salt and pepper, reheat and serve with a garnish of grated cheese or parsley.

I may not win the prize but I will promise you one thing, if you do make this, your whole house smell warm and sweet, and your guests will love it.

Oh, and if I could, I would serve it with some of Bruce's fantastic home made bread on the side.

(now you know why I'm BIG CLIFF LOL.)

I must step in here to thank Cliff once again for this recipe. He gave me this recipe some years ago and it is fantastic. Take note though that the bulbs of garlic is the WHOLE bulb....5 of them not just 5 cloves.

You'll love this stuff and serve it to everyone.

Hey Art, I'd love to be included in the draw, great idea!

This is Gord Pyzer's recipe, originally published in In-Fisherman a number of years ago.

It is not for the faint of heart or those who don't like spicy food (Gord says it will make a Swede sweat bullets), but it may be my favorite fish recipe of all time.

-1.5lbs fish fillets, cut into 1" cubes (whitefish, perch, walleye and pike are all excellent, I've also used tillapia)

-3 or 4 strips of bacon, diced

-2 cloves of garlic, crushed

-2tbsp onion, chopped

-2 sticks of butter (I use way less, in the neighborhood of 2 or 3 oz)

-2tsp cayenne pepper

-1.5tsp dijon mustard

-1/4 tsp basil

-1/4tsp thyme

-1/2tsp oregano

-5 squirts Tobasco sauce

-2tsp fish boil seasoning (I rarely use)

Preheat oven to 375deg F.

Sautee the bacon, garlic and onion in a skillet until the onion is translucent.

Add butter, mustard, cayenne, basil, thyme, oregano, Tobasco and fish boil, and simmer 3 minutes.

Add fish, stir and simmer another 3 minutes.

Transfer to a baking dish and bake in 375deg F oven for 20 minutes. I usually serve with rice.

As stated, this is quite a spicy dish; if you can't handle the heat, reduce the cayenne. :rolleyes:

Darcy

DSCF0183.JPG

Edited by darcyheitzner